Hacking Supercard software... How does it work?

stefh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe there are already tutorials for this, but I don't understand how everything works... I am new to the scene... Hopefully somebody is willing to help me...

I bought a Passcard 3 and a Supercard Lite. The Supercard Lite came without software.
I visited eng.supercard.cn and download a rar-package called SuperCard Lite (MicroSD) V2.55C & Firmware V1.63. Inside the package, the following files are included:

Moonshell reset for SC.nds
patch moomshell for super card.exe
scfont.fon
setupmicrosdV255Cen.exe
UPGRADE.scu

I believe Moonshell is some homebrew tool but I am wondering what this "Moonshell reset for SC" means and what "patch moomshell for super card.exe" does?

Then there is the install file called "setupmicrosdV255Cen.exe". I installed this application but I don't understand where it is for.

And what to do with "UPGRADE.scu" ?

Hopefully somebody can clear things up. Thanks in advance.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Moonshell reset for SC.nds is a file that is put onto the supercard) when you select it in moonshell it will bring you back to the supercard menu. It also works for dsorganize. ( It's just so you don't have to power off and back on to get back to the SC menu)

setupmicrosdV255Cen.exe is for the computer. after you set it up, you use it to patch your roms

UPGRADE.scu is a firmware upgrade to go along with the patching software above. ( take UPGRADE.scu and put it onto your supercard lite, ( no patching needed for upgrade files, only roms) and then start up you ds with supercard lite in it and then select UPGRADE.scu and it will ask you to confirm upgrading the firmwaree, just select yes.

patch moonshell for super card.exe
scfont.fon

as for the two above I don't know, I only have a supercard sd, and have limited knowlegde about the supercard lite.
I'm guessing the scfont.fon is a file to be put on the supercard lite to change the font style.

patch moonshell for super card.exe , and guessing that this is to patch moonshell for the supercard lite, because it's hardware is different from the other supercards. (which moonshell was created originally for)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...