Supercard shell DPG lag

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Searinox, Aug 31, 2008.

Aug 31, 2008

Supercard shell DPG lag by Searinox at 7:10 PM (1,375 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Searinox
    OP

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    The DPGs I had used on MoonShell 1.71 and worked okay are freezing for periods of time in Supercard's MoonShell when scenes change. By disabling Dithering I reduced that time but it's still 2-3 seconds. Can anyone tell me tweaks or DPG formatting options to make DPGs play smoothly on SC?

2. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    You shouldn't used the built-in version of Moonshell for DPGs since it's a hacked version of Moonshell 1.41 which is outdated.

3. Searinox
    OP

Romania
    I heard that many times before. I was just wondering if there is a way. At least the 1.41 doesn't freeze when switching media types(mp3 ogg midi) like 1.71 does even with the 1.71 plugins so there's fair reason to prefer it for audio over the new one. I installed a crippled saparate Moonshell just for DPG without any plugins or files of any sort so I can soft reset back to SC's Moonshell. I tried encoding them with poorer quality and it didn't help much.

4. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Have you tried using M3 Sakura DLDI-version? I find it to work much better than Moonshell 1.71 for playing DPGs.

5. Searinox
    OP

Romania
    Humm... I'll give it a go when I set up my prize iTouchDS for the very first time today. [​IMG]