Supercard SD Help

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by thirn, Feb 11, 2009.

Feb 11, 2009

Supercard SD Help by thirn at 10:15 PM (1,059 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. thirn
    OP

Newcomer thirn Member

United States
    I have both the ds one and a Supercard SD Mini. My DS one works just fine. I am having trouble getting my supercard SD to work. The only firmware I have installed is sd_185.bin. is this all I need to run the card? I have already run the roms through the converter. My DS doesn't even recognize any cartridge in the GBA slot.

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    If your DS doesn't recognize the GBA cartridge at all, then you've got a hardware problem between the cartridge and the GBA slot.

Also note that installing the firmware requires you to actually launch the sd_185.bin file (once you get it booting correctly that is). Just copying it to your card isn't enough. The SCSD will already have some sort of firmware pre-installed to let you get to the Supercard menu where you can select the *.bin file and launch it to upgrade the firmware.

3. thirn
    OP

Newcomer thirn Member

United States
    Ok, thanks. It recognized it once, but the language was not English for sure. I hit A, and a menu came up to upgrade it. I hit yes, and I got a read flash id error! Is my card broken?

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    It could be, might not be. Since the DS doesn't recognize it at all, I'd try to see if you could get a replacement. If that one fails as well, then perhaps something is wrong with your GBA slot itself.