Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
reading on about supercard and m3.
Most users that own both SC and M3 seem to be convinced supercard is better, and like it more than the m3.

Is GBA support that bad on the SC? From the GBA compatibility list, it seems fine.

And besides on the DSX its not really worth it unless you really only want NDS
'
I own g6's, owned g6 lite, supercard lites, m3 lites, m3 sd and I'm not convinced supercard is "better." DS-X to me doesn't seem like the most viable solution now because of acekard and other solutions coming out right now in slot 1. Why not spend some time reading reviews and search around forums for specific concerns instead of rehashing another topic asked thousands of times with nothing but subjective answers from flashcart fanboys. I'm not going to sit here and tell you which one is better because it really depends on what you want....not about what so an so said this and that on the internet.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not that M3 sucks. it's a great product. but with the price tag, supercard just seems better. i don't justify ~$30 more for better GBA performance/compatibilty. for $30, i can get a supercard rumble lol. The only thing that i like about m3 is the fact that it looks nicer on the DS lite than supercard lite. BUt is it worth $30? Depends on your choice. I'd rather buy ezflash compact (without GBA) for $30. or ezflash deluxe (with GBA) for $50. i've gotta warn you tho that ezflash has worse homebrew compatibilty compared to M3 and supercard.

Supercard has 32mb of ram
source: http://www.dslinux.org/wiki/Running_Homebrew

PS: I don't play any GBA games at all since i got m3/supercard.

kaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Most users that own both SC and M3 seem to be convinced supercard is better, and like it more than the m3.

Is GBA support that bad on the SC? From the GBA compatibility list, it seems fine.

'
I own g6's, owned g6 lite, supercard lites, m3 lites, m3 sd and I'm not convinced supercard is "better." DS-X to me doesn't seem like the most viable solution now because of acekard and other solutions coming out right now in slot 1. Why not spend some time reading reviews and search around forums for specific concerns instead of rehashing another topic asked thousands of times with nothing but subjective answers from flashcart fanboys. I'm not going to sit here and tell you which one is better because it really depends on what you want....not about what so an so said this and that on the internet.

I read specific concerns, and im not rehashing another topic asked a thousand times.
If you look at my other posts, you'll see i have a similar concern since i have not bought a flash cart yet.

"Most users that own both SC and M3 seem to be convinced supercard is better, and like it more than the m3."
what i meant here quoting myself, is if you read the post above, made by 'bollocks' as he said: " in fact I'd say the menus are the major downside of the M3, they're just slow and poorly designed and argh splashscreens. at least with the supercard you can just select a game and play it, no pissing around)".
Sorry i didnt add the point there myself. There's no need for flaming. It's 4am, and to be honest ive been on the pc since 12pm, looking at reviews for flashcarts. So believe me ive looked at everything there is.

If someones looking for GBA support, and NDS support, and looking at the price then SC, or EZ4 would be the choice.

Price wise only 10UK pound difference between the SC/EZ4 for M3.

Anyway its late... im off... sorry if i sounded rude
grog.gif
. all the reviews and posts are making me very
wacko.gif

kaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not that M3 sucks. it's a great product. but with the price tag, supercard just seems better. i don't justify ~$30 more for better GBA performance/compatibilty. for $30, i can get a supercard rumble lol. The only thing that i like about m3 is the fact that it looks nicer on the DS lite than supercard lite. BUt is it worth $30? Depends on your choice. I'd rather buy ezflash compact (without GBA) for $30. or ezflash deluxe (with GBA) for $50. i've gotta warn you tho that ezflash has worse homebrew compatibilty compared to M3 and supercard.

Supercard has 32mb of ram
source: http://www.dslinux.org/wiki/Running_Homebrew

PS: I don't play any GBA games at all since i got m3/supercard.

As i said in my previous post, there's only a 10Uk pound difference. Making it harder to pick. I mean 10 pounds is not that much, but if there is a reason then why not.
Compatibility wise though i believe they are the same? Speed and game support? Forgetting GBA, which the M3 wins anyway.

Thanks

twomix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
this topic is tons already discussed

both has good nds compatibility
SC => simplicity menu, cheap
M3 => nice regurally updated, expensive

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fifth, name one homebrew app that runs better on SC than on M3. I'm able to name you one major app that runs better on M3 than on SC (ScummVM DS) while you say it's fact SC is more compatible with homebrew and don't name any. Don't say DSOrganize, there are builds that run perfectly on M3
wink.gif

yuwing, you should read better. I wrote that the battery backed SRAM is needed for some homebrew apps like SnezziDS and ScummVM DS. Just go to the ScummVM forum and take a look at SC users that have problems with saving cause they don't know how to save via QPC (direct saving only works on SC CF which I have and is great for homebrew). On M3, G6 and EZ4 the SRAM is automatically saved to flashcart even in homebrew apps which is an advantage over SC.

nezura, I won't say get device xxx or yyy. I'd advice this to you:

If you only want DS, get SCL (or SCLR if you don't care about homebrew).
If you want DS and GBA, get M3 (or G6 if 512MB are enough for you).

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

'

I read specific concerns, and im not rehashing another topic asked a thousand times.
If you look at my other posts, you'll see i have a similar concern since i have not bought a flash cart yet.

"Most users that own both SC and M3 seem to be convinced supercard is better, and like it more than the m3."
what i meant here quoting myself, is if you read the post above, made by 'bollocks' as he said: " in fact I'd say the menus are the major downside of the M3, they're just slow and poorly designed and argh splashscreens. at least with the supercard you can just select a game and play it, no pissing around)".
Sorry i didnt add the point there myself. There's no need for flaming. It's 4am, and to be honest ive been on the pc since 12pm, looking at reviews for flashcarts. So believe me ive looked at everything there is.

If someones looking for GBA support, and NDS support, and looking at the price then SC, or EZ4 would be the choice.

Price wise only 10UK pound difference between the SC/EZ4 for M3.

Anyway its late... im off... sorry if i sounded rude
grog.gif
. all the reviews and posts are making me very
wacko.gif

This is what I mean by taking advice from fanboys. You say you don't have a flashcart, so where did you exactly get the idea that the m3 is poorly designed in menu and splashscreens? Honestly it makes little difference, main one being m3 is prettier due to skinning and supercard is faster due to simplicity. There's no "pissing" around on any card selecting a game to play, take that for what it's worth. No one's flaming you, and researching for a couple hours is plenty enough for you to ask specfic questions instead of rehashing the pissing match this thread is becoming.

aletorchic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
if your not going to be playing gba games, go with the sc rumble lite. its alot cheaper than the gba playing version
SC Rumble don't play GBA because they don't have RAM to load GBA games in; so they are not good for all homebrews that use RAM (e.g. the RAM versions of dslinux, the ones you can do something with..)
if you don't care rumble you'd better consider a "normal" SuperCard

macismonchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well ... i own a M3 (i think that is the most important fact in that discussion) and i can not understand why the menu-speed is of ANY IMPORTANTANCE because i usually spend about 15-20 sec in the menu and most of the time, i think what i should play ... well ... and about 30 or more min. with the game, so where is the point? Yes, maybe you can save 5 sec. ... great! Ok, so why did i bought M3? It is because the best homebrew (to me and many other old-shool-gamers) Scumm runs pefectly and the micro-SD can not be lost (which actually happend with a friend and his SC).

However, the conclusion to all noobs would be:

You can buy SC or M3, both will be fine.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well ... i own a M3 (i think that is the most important fact in that discussion) and i can not understand why the menu-speed is of ANY IMPORTANTANCE because i usually spend about 15-20 sec in the menu and most of the time, i think what i should play ... well ... and about 30 or more min. with the game, so where is the point? Yes, maybe you can save 5 sec. ... great! Ok, so why did i bought M3? It is because the best homebrew (to me and many other old-shool-gamers) Scumm runs pefectly and the micro-SD can not be lost (which actually happend with a friend and his SC).

However, the conclusion to all noobs would be:

You can buy SC or M3, both will be fine.

Lol, vScumm will be fixed shortly to work with all SuperCard models as the I/O source was released for it. And vScumm works fine on my SuperCard Lite with no problems anyway. And what the hell are you doing in the menu forever? You should pick a game and go, why did you buy a DS then?

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fifth, do all your posts have to begin with "lol"?
rolleyes.gif

Really, stay with the facts: ScummVM DS (it's not called vScumm
rofl2.gif
) works better on M3 than SC which makes M3 the better card for homebrew than SC. Reason is, all homebrew works fine on M3, where on SC all homebrew except ScummVM DS runs fine. If you say it works on your SCL I believe you, you only won't be able to save directly (Source). This is fact. Why can't you accept it?

I myself don't care cause I don't even own a M3
nyanya.gif

Kamgusta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
It is YOUR choice, not ours.

I think M3 is overall better: better GBA, lots of updates, lots of features, very good support for homebrew (works great with dslinux, scummvm), but SC has a strong point in costing half the price.
SC fans usually say the best among them is SC miniSD, because it uses battery-powered saves. So it is pretty pointless what i read: "SC is better than M3, because the latter needs a battery".
With autosave, there is no difference in a "card->save" or "sram->card->save". And maybe it is true that my secure digital will last a little longer.

So, the problem became: "do you mind spending 30$ more for something you may not need?"

Again, YOUR choice.

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what do you mean by getting the game converted? and waht's moonshell?

In order to play a game on your m3 or SC you have to convert it first. The menu for converting with the m3 is complicated for beginners, but the SC has a much easier interface when converting.

And moonshell is a homebrew program that allows you to play mp3's and watch movies that are in .dpg formatt, which is not at such a good quality at the moment.

On more thing, this argument of who is better will never end, m3 users and SC users will always say one is better than the other But since your new you will either join the people who support m3 or SC so they will do all they can to convince you to join their "side." LOL, anyways it all depends on your preferences, which is what are your preferences?

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
SuperCard = Cheap, good support, good NDS support, meh on the GBA side though. (Plain, nigh ugly GUI; if that matters to you)

M3 = Expensive, good support, good NDS and GBA support. (Nice GUI and skinable; again, if that matters much to you)

What in fuck's name are you on?

I like the Supercard menu specifically because it IS basic. M3's menu blows donkey balls, since you have to go through several menus to GET to the NDS game select screen!

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
several menus? see what I mean about fanboyism....you click on games and you click on your game and you start it, end of story. let this be a lesson hopefully to the other people who start these threads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: