Supercard Mini SD problem

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by CaptainFalco311, Jan 25, 2013.

1. CaptainFalco311
    OP

CaptainFalco311 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2013
    United States
    Mount Airy, Maryland
    Hey everyone,
    I bought a Supercard Mini SD off of Amazon a week or two back, and so far, I haven't been able to play a single game with the thing. I've formatted the microSD cards to FAT-16, installed the converter software, converted all the ROMs I wanted, put them on the microSD card, and when I turn it on, it just gives me a blank menu. I've tried it with two 1 GB microSD cards, two miniSD card adapters, new batteries, everything. I'm trying to use it on my OG, non-backlit GBA, and no dice.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. deshayzilla

deshayzilla GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    Sounds like quite a predicament. Try using older versions of the converter software? I honestly can't think of anything else for you to do. It sounds like there is a problems with the miniSD connector inside the supercard. Format with this while you're at it.

3. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    If I were you I would return that Supercard Mini SD and buy a EZ-Flash IV, Supercard Mini SDs tend to get slowdowns on some games while the EZ-Flash IV is fully compatible with any GBA game, not to mention you get no lags/slow downs.

4. deshayzilla

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    Yeah I second that. As a person who's lived with a Supercard SD for the last 7 years (has it really been that long???) and whose recently aquired an EZ-Flash 3in1 and IV, It's significantly better at GBA than Supercard.

For example I didn't realize how awesome the Mother 3 rhythm battle system was until I started playing it on my EZ-Flash. With the Supercard it would suffer from slow downs as you were trying to hit the buttons and I could never get more than a 2 hit combo. Also games like Mario Kart Super Circuit are almost impossible to play.

You can get it here. It took 9 days from the time I ordered it to the day I received it. Also you can try to contact the seller and ask for a lower price. I paid $30 including shipping.

5. Yepi69

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    I'll need one soon enough, rhythm music battles are my thing on Mother 3.

6. deshayzilla

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    Yeah it's pretty awesome! Way better than guitar hero or DDR :P! Shigesato Itoi perfecting a genre.

7. Yepi69

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    He's a genius indeed :)