Supercard Mini for GBA Help

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by joepassive, Feb 13, 2013.

Feb 13, 2013
  1. joepassive
    OP

Member joepassive GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    So I have a GBA SP and i love the Supercard Mini works awesome.
    Up to now i've been playing GBA Games but now i want GBC Titles.
    they work but they are so little on the screen...
    how do i makes them stretch to full screen? thanks !!
    i don't care if they might end up looking all stretched and weird.

if i am at wrong forum please tell me where to go ;)

i'm talking about: (hebrew keyboard btw)
    [​IMG]

2. joepassive
    OP

Member joepassive GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    up...plz answer.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Short version- you do not.
    The supercard is not running the GB/GBC games natively* and is rather running a GBA emulator of GB/GBC games and that is not really going to work as said emulator is pushing GBA mode right to the limit. If you are about to tell me about L and R when running an actual GBC game that would be the difference.
    If you want to get technical- http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/boards/viewtopic.php?p=53875 should do it.

I am not sure what goes with GB/GBC emulation in DS mode at this point.

*GBA supercards are odd things and I am not sure what they have built in/in the software but I have a feeling it might be a very old version of goomba color so you might want to look into upgrading it to a later version.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    FAST6191 is right. Basically, when you launch a *.gbc title on the Supercard, it internally combines the GBC game with the Goomba Color core emulator and launches it. The version of the GBC emulator is the Alpha 6 version, which is severely out of date by about 5 years. I would highly suggest creating your own Goomba Color compilations with the latest version of Goomba Color for better speed, and more importantly, a solid black border. Creating your own compilation with the Goomba frontend is dead simple (you could do it yourself FAST6191, and the resulting files would run in VBA just fine). For the Supercard specifically, run the output *.gba file through the Supercard patcher with nothing but the "saver" patches applied in order to make it run on the cart.

The stretching you are looking for is a hardware feature from inserting GB/GBC cartridges into the GBA and pressing L or R. This cannot be done in software.