Supercard Lite

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by kiafazool, Aug 1, 2010.

Aug 1, 2010

Supercard Lite by kiafazool at 7:24 PM (1,076 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. kiafazool
    OP

Member kiafazool GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    hey guys kiafazool here to ask people's opinion on the supercard lite
    i am soon (most likely) going to be getting a supercard lite and wanted to know if its worth it
    with gba, nds, real-time features, and i think no battery is it worth it
    is the compatibility good?
    does it need a 2gb micro sd or is it compatible with 4gb sdhc micro? (i have one lying around)

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    If memory serves correct, slot 2 cards only support up to 2GB cards. I haven't got any personal experience of teh SC Lite but the SC's GBA compatability is meant to be rather bad i.e. slowdown. For the DS its compatability is decent but they only seem to release fixes for popular games i.e. Spirit Tracks. Mainly becasue slot 2 solutions are outdated for DS games.

3. kiafazool
    OP

Member kiafazool GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    but i also heard they fixed alot of gba compatibility when they jumped from supercard minisd to supercard lite
    and i only play popular games

4. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    I have an old Supercard Lite, it's pretty nice.
    I did have one odd issue of games not wanting to load, which was resolved by renaming the rom oddly enough.

But personally, I find the EZ Flash 3in1 to be a better GBA solution, no having to manually patch the ROMs and such. Although yeah, no real-time saving if you do that.

I still use my Supercard Lite though, it's an excellent NDS rom dumping utility.

5. 2wirends

Newcomer 2wirends Advanced Member

United States
    do NOT get supercard lite for GBA functionality. dont. its not worth it. get something better. lags so much. even with all those other patches you can apply to try to speed it up.

6. JusDaMan

Newcomer JusDaMan Advanced Member

of all the Slot-2 Gen cards, SC lite is the worst to play GBA games in. If i remember correctly It was EZ3 and EZ4 that Played the best In terms of GBA though i doubt EZ4 is still in production. the M3 perfects or G6 if you wanted solid memory was 2nd in terms of GBA compatability.

EZ3 was never made to sit flush in DSL
    EZ4 was almost flushed but stuck out alittle
    Their 3 in 1 seemed popular but i never had first hand experience

as of right now i use a SC mini with SCDS1 V1, been using it for 6 years... I remember there was a mechanical reason why i stuck with SC mini and didn't get a SClite... But i forget why...