Hacking Supercard Lite vs EZ4 Lite

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if i may have got lucky with a nice shell mold on my ez4 lite...but i can pretty easily snag the TF card with my fingernail and pull it out without having to open the case or shave down the plastic. the first ez4 lite i received, though, was a b*tch to get the TF card out (got a second one b/c the first was faulty and sent it back to winsunx).

eightbitminiboss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SC lite fits perfect, EZ4 lite sticks out a little (I don't notice nor care really).

The main thing which annoys me about the EZ4 lite is that you have to open up the cart to take out the micro SD card. Where the SC lite is spring loaded.

SC lite uses their fugly menu system, EZ4 lite looks nice and is skinable. Who cares since you just select the game, for a total of 2 seconds you're in the menu.

EZ4 lite has some WiFi issues not sure if its 100% fixed yet either.

What WiFi issues? I wasn't aware of this.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an EZF4Lite and I gotta say I love it.
Sure, taking out the itty bitty card is a pain in the whatnots, but with a 1Gig mem card how often do I have to take it out anyway ?? I don't have to open the cart to get it out though - maybe I got lucky ?
Only thing I would say is if you're getting an EZF4L DO NOT get a SUPERKEY - It doesn't work. Get an EZPass3 or a MK4Key instead.

I don't have any noticeable slowdown in Animal Crossing either..... but then I did splash out on an expensive MicroSD card - perhaps that is the difference between slowdown/no slowdown ??

mrekli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
oppressthebutton.com
XP
Country
United States
From my experience of both, I don't have the Lite version but for the regular SD and/or miniSD versions. It just comes down to GBA and many DS games, EZ4 is a great package. But for NDS Homebrew and DS games, SuperCard is better. It's just a trade off. It's mainly that there's no FAT library for EZ4 and they're like a month behind everyone else with NDS compatiblity.

zragnarok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any noticeable slowdown in Animal Crossing either..... but then I did splash out on an expensive MicroSD card - perhaps that is the difference between slowdown/no slowdown ??

it not really noticeable unless you are used to playing the retail cart... if you run animal crossing side by side with a DS using a retail cart and one using an EZ4... there is a distinct slowdown when entering or exiting buildings

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
From my experience of both, I don't have the Lite version but for the regular SD and/or miniSD versions. It just comes down to GBA and many DS games, EZ4 is a great package. But for NDS Homebrew and DS games, SuperCard is better. It's just a trade off. It's mainly that there's no FAT library for EZ4 and they're like a month behind everyone else with NDS compatiblity.

same boat here .. same conclusion

SC>EZ4 for anything DS related

EZ4>SC for anything GBA related

.. for the gay boys EZ4>SC in the pretty menu debate
wink.gif

.. and for the manly men the SC>EZ4 in the menu speed debate
grog.gif

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so which version of animal cross is everyone using? :X
u.s version i think i'm using the u.s one and takes like 10 sec loading going from the my room to the main world.

I'm using the US version, and while the load time on my EZ4 is noticabley longer then on my EZ2 or EZ3, it's less then a second of difference. If you are not exagerating about a 10 second load time, something is clearly wrong.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
well there's pokémon racing game which doesn't work and castlevania:dos stuttering intro on ez4... the rest is a-okay on the ez4 as far as i know...
then homebrew ez4 needs to release the info on how to save...

I dont know about Supercard... but I'm happy with my ez4lite
wink.gif

After using a soldering pen to remake the ndslite dust cover into the ez4l case my ez4 fits perfectly in my dslite
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo