SuperCard DSTwo Tutorial for 3DS

SuperCard DSTwo Tutorial to work on the 3DS
-SuperCard V.1.12 firmware update
-SuperCard V.1.11 EOS update

Note 1: For Nintendo 3DS, Firmware Ver. 2.1.0-4U
Note 2: Make sure you have an FLASHCART enabled nDS system. (eg. DS Lite, DSi or DSiXL)

============
STEP 01
============

Prepare your DSTWO Cartridge, MicroSD card and 3DS system and DSi/XL or DSlite.
Then, insert your microSD card into your computer.
On your DESKTOP, create a NEW FOLDER and name it My Backups.
On your micro SD card, copy and paste everything on it, onto the folder you just created called "My Backups"
Afterwards, delete EVERYTHING on your microSD card... EVERYTHING!!

============
Step 02
============

Now that your microSD card is completely empty, continue onward to this next step.
Go to this LINK: http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm
On that link's page, download the "DSTWO v1.11_0723(07-23)"

============
Step 03
============

After downloading the file, open it.
Now open "DSTWO_v1.11_0723_eng" folder and copy all content that is listed in it. (eg. "_dstwo", "ds2boot.dat", & "readme_eng.txt")
And PASTE what you copied into your microSD card.

============
Step 04
============

Back to the website, click and download where it says "firmware v1.12 support for 3ds v2.0(06-10)"
After it's done downloading, open it.
Now open "eng" folder and copy the one file that's only there. (eg. dstwoupdate.dat)
Paste it into the microSD card alongside with all the other files you've already copied into it.

============
Step 05
============

Now put the microSD card into the DSTWO cartridge and insert the flashcart into a DS Lite, DSi or XL. You cannot do this step with a 3DS.
Insert the DSTWO flashcart into the handheld and load up the flashcart.
A small window will prompt up asking you "Update system Beta 1.12, OK(A) or Cancel(B)"
Press A for OK to start the update. Now wait for it to update itself showing a progress bar. (takes like 30 secs)
After the update is done, the update file is automatically erased, so don't worry about deleting it...

============
Step 06
============

Turn off the handheld and remove the flashcart and insert it into your 3DS.
On your 3DS, it will say ALEX RIDER STORMBREAKER, THQ and load it.
Congrats, you DID it! Now you can move whatever important files you backed up back onto your microSD card.

pmk010

Trophies
XP
Country
I am just re-posting it with a few updates and links
SuperCard DSTwo Tutorial to work on the 3DS
-SuperCard V.1.13 firmware update Download link: http://down.supercard.sc/download/dstwo/Firmware/Firmware_v1.13_eng.zip
-SuperCard V.1.11 EOS update Download link: http://down.supercard.cn/download/dstwo/DSTWO_v1.11_1108_eng.zip

Note 1: For Nintendo 3DS, Firmware Ver. 3.0.0.6
Note 2: Make sure you have an FLASHCART enabled nintendo DS system. (eg. DS Lite, DSi or DSiXL)

============
STEP 01
============

Prepare your DSTWO Cartridge, MicroSD card and 3DS system and DSi/XL or DSlite.
Then, insert your microSD card into your computer.
On your DESKTOP, create a NEW FOLDER and name it My Backups.
On your micro SD card, copy and paste everything on it, onto the folder you just created called "My Backups"
Afterwards, delete EVERYTHING on your microSD card... EVERYTHING!!

============
Step 02
============

Now that your microSD card is completely empty, continue onward to this next step.
Go to this LINK: http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm
On that link's page, download the "DSTWO v1.11_0723(07-23)"

============
Step 03
============

After downloading the file, open it.
Now open "DSTWO_v1.11_0723_eng" folder and copy all content that is listed in it. (eg. "_dstwo", "ds2boot.dat", & "readme_eng.txt")
And PASTE what you copied into your microSD card.

============
Step 04
============

Back to the website, click and download where it says "firmware v1.12 support for 3ds v2.0(06-10)"
After it's done downloading, open it.
Now open "eng" folder and copy the one file that's only there. (eg. dstwoupdate.dat)
Paste it into the microSD card alongside with all the other files you've already copied into it.

============
Step 05
============

Now put the microSD card into the DSTWO cartridge and insert the flashcart into a DS Lite, DSi or XL. You cannot do this step with a 3DS.
Insert the DSTWO flashcart into the handheld and load up the flashcart.
A small window will prompt up asking you "Update system Beta 1.12, OK(A) or Cancel(B)"
Press A for OK to start the update. Now wait for it to update itself showing a progress bar. (takes like 30 secs)
After the update is done, the update file is automatically erased, so don't worry about deleting it...

============
Step 06
============

Turn off the handheld and remove the flashcart and insert it into your 3DS.
On your 3DS, it will say ALEX RIDER STORMBREAKER, THQ and load it.
Congrats, you DID it! Now you can move whatever important files you backed up back onto your microSD card.

nolegirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an update to the instructions for the new 3ds update (4.1.0-8)? I'm hoping someone can help me. I just purchased a Supercard DSTWO from RHS and got it in the mail. I want to use it with my 3ds. I added all firmware from the Supercard site to my sd card, and updated it in my DSLite. I am on firmware 4.1.0-8u on my 3ds, but the supercard wont work. I keep getting the error message. It works fine on my DSLite, and my DSi. I have reformatted my card twice and updated twice, but it will not work in my 3ds. I also can't find the dstwo plugin someone told me I needed. I've tried googling and I haven't found a solution. Any ideas?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an update to the instructions for the new 3ds update (4.1.0-8)? I'm hoping someone can help me. I just purchased a Supercard DSTWO from RHS and got it in the mail. I want to use it with my 3ds. I added all firmware from the Supercard site to my sd card, and updated it in my DSLite. I am on firmware 4.1.0-8u on my 3ds, but the supercard wont work. I keep getting the error message. It works fine on my DSLite, and my DSi. I have reformatted my card twice and updated twice, but it will not work in my 3ds. I also can't find the dstwo plugin someone told me I needed. I've tried googling and I haven't found a solution. Any ideas?
http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-8832-1-1.html

demonkadar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this post, but I am wondering if there is a way to do this without an older DS system. I am looking into buying a card and I only own a Nintendo 3DS, are there any places that sell these already set up?

Reactions: Gjergji

EvanDolen

Trophies
XP
I just get a black screen, like it froze. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong except that maybe I'm updating the system on the 1st gen. DS?

fitsou

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi guys.
I have a DS Lite and I want to buy a 3ds.

But I want to be able to use my DSTWO card in 3ds.
Do I need to be cautious in my purchase of the 3ds? (a specific version, model, etc)
Also for the DSTWO card to work do I need to do anything to the 3ds or I just follow the above guide?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Hi guys.
I have a DS Lite and I want to buy a 3ds.

But I want to be able to use my DSTWO card in 3ds.
Do I need to be cautious in my purchase of the 3ds? (a specific version, model, etc)
Also for the DSTWO card to work do I need to do anything to the 3ds or I just follow the above guide?

if you currently have a DSLite and a DStwo as long as your DSTwo is up to date Firmware & EOS, you wont have any issues
if you keep the DSLite you can save yourself any hasstle as well because if the card is blocked on teh 3DS because of an update you can always update the card in teh DSLite

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: