Hacking Supercard DSTwo REVIEW

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Nice review - finally got round to reading it all the way through....

...May be nit-picking but thought I'd best point something out.

In your review you mentioned 'Plugins are icons that lead to specific homebrew........'
while this is true I think it should be mentioned (not sure how you'll word it) that the plugins are 'unoffical' & will required additional files downloaded for them to work (links are supplied on the plugin page).

What should also be mentioned is that currently the Homebrew support is a bit 'flaky'....
There are compatibility problems with some of the Plugin/Homebrew when running on a DSi/DS XL, yet the same software may work fine on a DSLite/DSPhat

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

In your review you mentioned 'Plugins are icons that lead to specific homebrew........'
while this is true I think it should be mentioned (not sure how you'll word it) that the plugins are 'unoffical' & will required additional files downloaded for them to work (links are supplied on the plugin page).

What should also be mentioned is that currently the Homebrew support is a bit 'flaky'....
There are compatibility problems with some of the Plugin/Homebrew when running on a DSi/DS XL, yet the same software may work fine on a DSLite/DSPhat

Well first off, thank you for the compliment!
biggrin.gif
Second off, I didn't know how to describe the plugins lol... I had the right idea but couldn't express it.
tongue.gif
And homebrew...well the only homebrew that I use is NDSmail. I'm not a homebrew fanboy.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: New information updated, and CannonFoddr added to credits list.
smile.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:

Um...no. That's a known problem for ALL DSi flashcarts. It has something to do with the DSi's hardware being different.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
CannonFoddr said:
Um...no. That's a known problem for ALL DSi flashcarts. It has something to do with the DSi's hardware being different.
Ah.... but can you explain then why some of the Homebrew doesn't work as a 'plugin' on a DSi but it works OK if you run it as a 'standalone' ???

The Lone Wolf Homebrew games are a good example
Both 'Lone wolf: Flight from the dark' and 'Lone wolf: Fire on the water' don't work as 'plugin' but run fine if you run then like 'normal' Homebrew.
IMHO I believe there something within the 'plugin launcher' software that causes Homebrew incompatibilities

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha I wish I knew what you guys were talking about when it comes to homebrew. Too bad its not my area of expertise. I'd sooner say something dumb if you get me started on homebrew.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
DeltaBurnt said:
CannonFoddr said:
There are compatibility problems with some of the Plugin/Homebrew when running on a DSi/DS XL, yet the same software may work fine on a DSLite/DSPhatUm...no. That's a known problem for ALL DSi flashcarts. It has something to do with the DSi's hardware being different.Ah.... but can you explain then why some of the Homebrew doesn't work as a 'plugin' on a DSi but it works OK if you run it as a 'standalone' ???

The Lone Wolf Homebrew games are a good example
Both 'Lone wolf: Flight from the dark' and 'Lone wolf: Fire on the water' don't work as 'plugin' but run fine if you run then like 'normal' Homebrew.
IMHO I believe there something within the 'plugin launcher' software that causes Homebrew incompatibilities

Um that could easily be because some games require themselves or their extra resource files to be put in the root of your microsd (or other places). It could also be that the plugin menu has a different DLDI file it uses.

QUOTE(Ryukouki @ Jul 1 2010, 08:14 PM)
Hahaha I wish I knew what you guys were talking about when it comes to homebrew. Too bad its not my area of expertise. I'd sooner say something dumb if you get me started on homebrew.

All it is is just running a .nds file and putting some other folders on your microsd (depends on the homebrew).

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(Ryukouki @ Jul 1 2010, 08:14 PM)

All it is is just running a .nds file and putting some other folders on your microsd (depends on the homebrew).

Well, I know that much.
tongue.gif
I just don't use it.

pebble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very nice review, but I personally don't recommend gamekool because when i ordered a scds2, they gave me a acekard 2i
angry.gif

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably just a careless error. They're fine. I ordered once or twice and everything came as I hoped.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, really? I heard that it does. I will conduct further testing soon and report back to you guys soon.
tongue.gif

OFF TOPIC: Shopping for a new laptop battery sucks nuts. And none of my topics get further than three pages guys, let's keep it going!!!!

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki said:
Huh, really? I heard that it does. I will conduct further testing soon and report back to you guys soon.
tongue.gif

OFF TOPIC: Shopping for a new laptop battery sucks nuts. And none of my topics get further than three pages guys, let's keep it going!!!!

In the original topic back in November it said it would support txt, bmp, and jpg but it actually only supports txt and bmp.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
In the original topic back in November it said it would support txt, bmp, and jpg but it actually only supports txt and bmp.

That's really interesting, I will edit the information whenever new information comes out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill