Hacking Supercard dstwo plus help

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got a supercard dstwo+ to play DS/gba/Snes games as my firmware is 9.80-25-U which is too late to play 3ds games. I think I did everything right, but when I put the card into my 3DS nothing shows up s if it isn't inserted at all. I have the same problem with my Sky3ds+ I just purchased.

Can anyone tell me if i've done anything wrong?

Attachments

• DStwo+.png
    DStwo+.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 244

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you play normal DS/3DS carts? Seems like console cannot read game carts, maybe some pins bent or dirty in console.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes I can read normal 3ds and ds carts. I also tried it on my DS phat and had the same issue.
Try giving the pins a really good rubbing with some paper towel or a cloth, and wipe off any dust afterwards with your fingers before trying again. If it still doesn't work, try placing a bit of paper in behind the cartridge to help push it against the contacts inside the cartridge slot.

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try giving the pins a really good rubbing with some paper towel or a cloth, and wipe off any dust afterwards with your fingers before trying again. If it still doesn't work, try placing a bit of paper in behind the cartridge to help push it against the contacts inside the cartridge slot.

Alright. I already tried cleaning with a Qtip. It wouldn't be the memory card right? It's a kingston 32GB and i've been told that sky3ds+ is having issues reading cards. DStwoPLUS isn't finnicy with mem cards is it? I got the memcard bundled when I bought the card from modchipcentral

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Alright. I already tried cleaning with a Qtip. It wouldn't be the memory card right? It's a kingston 32GB and i've been told that sky3ds+ is having issues reading cards. DStwoPLUS isn't finnicy with mem cards is it? I got the memcard bundled when I bought the card from modchipcentral
I just did an experiment with my DSTwo, and it didn't show up without the SD card inserted (I made my home menu freeze a few times as well). So it might be the fault of the SD. First try the bit of paper trick with the SD card as well (to make sure it's really pushed up against the contacts) and if that doesn't work, buy a new card from a retail store (not ebay) and try that. You'll want more than one SD card anyway in the future. Also should go without saying but make sure you have the latest files for the card from the supercard website. If that still doesn't work, then you must have a dud card :-(

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I tried the paper trick but still nothing.
I just did an experiment with my DSTwo, and it didn't show up without the SD card inserted (I made my home menu freeze a few times as well). So it might be the fault of the SD. First try the bit of paper trick with the SD card as well (to make sure it's really pushed up against the contacts) and if that doesn't work, buy a new card from a retail store (not ebay) and try that. You'll want more than one SD card anyway in the future. Also should go without saying but make sure you have the latest files for the card from the supercard website. If that still doesn't work, then you must have a dud card :-(

I'm guessing it's the SD card because my Sky3ds+ has the same problem. I'm a noob though so I was hoping I just did something stupid.

I ordered two 32GB kingston cards and formatted both to fat32 but neither of them work. Do you have any card recommendations? Does sandisk work better with flash cards?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I tried the paper trick but still nothing.

I'm guessing it's the SD card because my Sky3ds+ has the same problem. I'm a noob though so I was hoping I just did something stupid.

I ordered two 32GB kingston cards and formatted both to fat32 but neither of them work. Do you have any card recommendations? Does sandisk work better with flash cards?
Try a non-Kingston brand from a retail store. If you get an SD card from online, test it with h2testw first to make sure it's not fake. (If it's fake it will still work but will start causing you problems with corrupted data a little later on).

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try a non-Kingston brand from a retail store. If you get an SD card from online, test it with h2testw first to make sure it's not fake. (If it's fake it will still work but will start causing you problems with corrupted data a little later on).

Someone from a thread over on the official forms http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-12602-1-1.html seems to have the same problem as me only he was on 9.7 and when he updated to 10.3 is worked. I shouldn't update the system should I?

mediabob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the DSTWO plus as well, my firmware is 6.x so I use CFW for 3ds and the DSTWO plus for DS.

I have this issue a lot, and my 3DS is brand new. Usually if I eject the card and eject the SD card then put it back in and push the card back in it will work. Make sure you take yu3 DSTWO all the way out, don't just eject it and push it back in. The DSTWO plus is kinda loose in the slot (side to side) so I think it just doesn't get seated properly when inserted so it takes a couple tries.

Last edited by mediabob,

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't have DSTwo Plus, but my regular DSTwo sometimes does the same thing.

Make sure you have all the needed files in the SD card. I don't think you would have to update it, so just keep trying. If it doesn't work maybe you need to get a new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad