Hacking Supercard DStwo plug-ins

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Updated the Wiki for 'DSCraft' program link (also added link for the FAT version on Filetrip to the 'Notes')

@Laurence02: Have you altered the Wiki for that 'xenofile' link ??
Seems like someone has & unfortunately the bmp file included in the 'plugin' file on filetrip (id=22027) does NOT match the graphic(s) shown on the table on the Wiki

The plugin SHOULD contain
Xenonfile_01.jpg
and
Xenonfile_02.jpg
(respectively) but it has
gallery_49779_695_954.png
for both entries instead

EDIT: Whoa - that was quick - seems like it been edited while I was posting this - original plugin links now correct

EDIT #2: OK - (re)edited Wiki... there are NOW 3 'Xenonfile' plugins on the Wiki (with correct icons showing)
The first one contain the NDS file, the other 2 does not have the NDS file

Gintoki Sakata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this is a stupid question (I'm new to the dstwo homebrew), but what is the difference between running homebrew as plugins and running homebrew as normal .nds files?

D

Deleted-236924

Some homebrew that work on Plugin menu sometimes do not work by running them from EOS, and vice versa.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@CannonFoddr Didn't see it. Over?
If you're asking why/if I didn't see your post about colors - Well I haven't been online for a couple of days (I don't come online EVERY day you know ;) ) ...
But it's not much of a problem if/when newer version come out IF they're put onto Filetrip
- if you click the link (on the WiKi page) for the 'program' - It'll take you to the older version BUT the filetrip page will also show
You may also want to check out the latest version of this file:​
Colors! 1.1
so anyone can see that there is a newer version & can go to the new page anyway to try it out ...​
... incidentally when I did the Wiki page - I only included the links to the version that was tried out at the time - so at least when whoever downloads the plugin/program, they at least know THAT version of the homebrew works (sometimes a newer version may've been altered in some way so that it doesn't work anymore)​
Still I've altered the Wiki page to point to the newer version now​

R4ndom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have been enjoying my Supercard DSTWO during this weekend, really great card!

Unfortunately I cannot get my SNEmulDS Emulator to work properly. When I start up the emulator it says "Load ROM" but the screen is black. I have my SNES roms in a folder called SNES which is at the root of my microSDHC card (8GB Class 4). What is the problem? How can I make the emulator run my SNES roms? Thanks in advance.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I have been enjoying my Supercard DSTWO during this weekend, really great card!

Unfortunately I cannot get my SNEmulDS Emulator to work properly. When I start up the emulator it says "Load ROM" but the screen is black........ What is the problem? How can I make the emulator run my SNES roms? Thanks in advance.
Not used this particular Emulator - & it's been a while since I 'mucked about' with DSTwo 'plugins' (I use iMenu now ;) - & occasionally Bagplug).

I'm also not at home to tryout/check but I've downloaded the 'SNEmulDS' files (both the one linked on the OP, & the 'latest' (?!?) WIP version) to see what's involved with installation (I also need to find some SNES ROM's to try out as well)

Both downloads I've looked at have a 'snemul.cfg' file that has to be on the root directory according to the readme.... Have you ??? (you might've forgotten to do that)

Also found in one of the 'readme' is this FAQ
My game doesn't even start! Your emu sucks!?

Choose "No speed hack" and/or sound emulation in Options menu.
Surprisely, some games need to be in "Full speed hacks" mode to launch (like SUPER BOMBERMAN).
so perhaps the game you're trying is one of these ?? (what game(s) have you tried ??)

(Also it does states in the same 'readme' that 'SNEmulDS.nds' should be in the root directory as well - but that's not possible to do if you want this as a 'plugin' as the NDS HAS to be in the DSTwo's plugin folder to be seen)

EDIT: I've also noticed on one of the emulator download pages on filetrip that 'Super Mario Kart' is a 'not working' ROM

EDIT #2: OK - got home & installed SNEmulDS 0.6 alpha 2, placed the cfg file in the root & downloaded 4 random SNES ROM's that I found
(Chuck Rock / Megaman X / R-type 3 and Rise of the Robots) - of these 3 of the 4 ROM's worked - only 'Rise of the robots' went to a black screen after the rolling titles
Repeated this with the 'latest' version same thing - 3 ROM's work - 1 didn't...

I'm also a bit puzzled over your 'Load ROM' bit - when are you seeing that ??

When I start up the emulator from the DS2 plugin menu, after a small bit of status messages about 'FS initialising/sucess' - I get 'Select ROM' on the bottom screen, with a list of the ROM's in the SNES folder with a white top screen
Once I load a ROM - I get 6 large boxes on the bottom screen with the game running on the top screen

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
The link for DSOrganize has stopped working :/

Also, can I put in a request for StillAlive, PocketPhysics, 5nake and Minecraft 2D? I'm surprised they haven't been done already (unless they have and I am blind -_-)
I might even do some of them myself sometime.

Thank you :)

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link for DSOrganize has stopped working :/

Also, can I put in a request for StillAlive, PocketPhysics, 5nake and Minecraft 2D? I'm surprised they haven't been done already (unless they have and I am blind -_-)
I might even do some of them myself sometime.

Thank you :)
There are already icons for StillAlive, PocketPhysics, and 5nake in Vatoloco's pack. Minecraft 2D icon is under DSCraft (link).

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Ah thank you, got some of them from that pack but even though it says on the filetrip description that 5nake is included, it isn't. Also do you mean use the same icon for 2d minecraft as minecraft ds?

Edit: Oh I've found it now sorry lol

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
..... Also do you mean use the same icon for 2d minecraft as minecraft ds?
Well I DID make it originally for DSCraft, but you can use it for 'Minecraft 2d' BUT you will need to rename the ini file in DSCraft to match that of the [2D] version you are playing

so ....
> For 'DS_CRAFT-2D with Crafting!.nds' you need to rename 'DSCraft.ini' to 'DS_CRAFT-2D with Crafting!.ini'
> For 'MinecraftWithMobs.nds' you need to rename 'DSCraft.ini' to 'MinecraftWithMobs.ini'

However - IF you play both types (Crafting/Mobs) & want different icons for them on the plugin menu (although it's HAS been a while since I made 'plugins') I could make 2 special 'Minecraft 2d' plugins for you....

EDIT: OK - I've quickly knocked up a couple especially for you

MinecraftWithMobs.png
Minecraft 2D (With Mobs) Plugin / Program
Minecraft2D_Craft.png
Minecraft 2D (with Crafting) Plugin / Program

I've given them a quick tryout & they seems to showup on the Plugin menu OK (meaning I've done them right - phew).
Wiki page has also been updated with these new plugin

Reactions: 1 person

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
...even though it says on the filetrip description that 5nake is included, it isn't.

Well huh, it's in all the other variations in my pack, but i guess at some point the 'regular' 5nake icon got 86'd somehow.
It's back in there now, and i also upped just the icon to filetrip too.
gallery_113027_133_124.png
5nake icon

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father