Supercard DSTWO on DS lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Terminator02, Apr 10, 2010.

Apr 10, 2010
  1. Terminator02
    OP

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    I ordered a Acekard2i last month by using the workaround at dealextreme, but it still says temporary stock shortage, so i cancelled and decided to buy from somewhere else. It was then that I heard about the supercard DSTWO and liked the idea of getting GBA roms without a gba slot, but are there any other roms it plays natively? (other than ds games)

I've assumed that the dstwo would work on the dslite, as all other dsi flashcards have, but I wanted to make sure.

Also, preordering from shoptemp is $40, and i've heard before that it was $30, is there any chance the price will go back down?

Lastly, I've been wondering if the class(2,4,6,8) of the micro sd card matters, I'm probably going to get a 16 sdhc card, but I don't know if i need anything higher than class 2.

Sorry for asking so many questions, but all help is appreciated.

2. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    My Supercards usually are slow with class 2 so use class 4, 6 or 8. I doubt it will go down, that was a promotion. Of course it will work on DSLite. [​IMG] They announced it would play SNES but personally I don't like the SNES but you might.

3. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    I'm pretty sure it will have a SNES emulator as well. Though you still can play games with the homebrew emulators.

Yes it will work a DSL. No reason why it shouldn't like all other DSi compatible carts.

It was $30 during the promotions and I don't think it will go down because the Supercard team made the price increase. (something about too many buying might not be enough stock)

Classes kind of matter as some games can freeze if its too slow. Well I use a class 2 8gb and I run pretty much everything fine.

4. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    Supercard DStwo feature list (borrowed from ShopTemp):-
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

As for micro SD cards I've never gone with anything less than class 4 but it's entirely up to you. The class is basically the read and write speed of the card, class 1 being the slowest, class 6 being the fastest. So saying that if you go with class 2 your menus and games won't load particularly fast and it'll take longer to copy stuff across to and from the micro SD.

Finally as for the price of the Supercard DStwo, I doubt you'll find it anywhere cheaper than ShopTemp they get to sell them cheaper than anywhere else due to scoring a good deal with the Supercard team and as for the price going back down to $30 USD I highly doubt it that price was for the first 100 pre-orders (which got extended a little bit due to down time or something) so you're looking to pay $40+ where ever you order them from now, but bare in mind ShopTemp will be getting them 3 days earlier than ANYWHERE else so they'll be shipped out earlier too.

5. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    There is no class 1 micro sdhc card, you mean $30 not $20 and shoptemp isn't getting the 3 days earlier thing anymore. Other sellers complained. (I believe)

6. Terminator02
    OP

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    Alright, I think i'm going to buy a 16gb class 4 card, and i'll just order the DSTWO from shoptemp now, thanks for all the quick responses guys (and girls).

7. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    no way your kidding me? well screw the other sellers if supecard want to make a deal with particular companies they can, it's not as if the other retailers are going to not sell the DStwo they'd miss out on a shit load of cash and yes I meant $30 not $20 it was a typo I type fairly fast and why is there no class 1? [​IMG] thats just stupid [​IMG] what have they got against the number 1? DISCRIMINATION!!!!! (I joke)