supercard DSTwo+ not working

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ygolonac, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    Posting here because the official forums for this thing are abysmal. I only want to play DS/GBA games, the memory card works and is formatted to fat 32 etc.

I've had this problem for months but nothing shows up when the thing is inserted into my 3DS. I've heard something about needing to update it in a DSLITE or whatever. Anyone with experience with the old supercard dstwo know about this?

I also recently updated to 10.3. will that be an issue? I had the same problems on 9.8.

2. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Meh, it works when it feels like it. If I put it in my DSLite, it works every time. When it goes in the N3DS, it detects it maybe 1/3 of the time.

3. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    I find that my original DSTWO is extremely finicky in both my 3DS consoles, possibly due to the awkward shape of the DSTWO card itself. It often takes me 5+ attempts for my 3DS to detect it.

Flawless with my DSi XL, however.

4. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    I tried putting paper to push it in (which works for my sky3ds) but still nothing. I will try it again on my busted DS phat and see if something happens.

I've never gotten anything to show up. 1/3 of the time would be great for me,

5. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    If you don't have much luck, you might want to track down a cheap DS. I know you might not want to spend the money, but I have found the DSTWO to be rather unreliable on the 3DS.

There are positives to using a regular DS, of course. If you use a DS Lite you can use the RAM Expansion cart, and if you use a DSi XL you get a really nice screen that runs most 8-bit emulators at 1:1 pixel mapping.

6. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    I just tried it in my phat DS and still nothing popped up. Here is a screenshot of the SD card. Am I doing anything wrong?

Attached Files:

7. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    SD card looks fine. I really don't think you're doing anything wrong as such, the 3DS is just really fussy about how you insert the cart.

Does your busted DS at least detect the cart?

8. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    Nope. And it will detect other DS cards.

It's busted because the phat had a big hinge with a big cord that connected the two screens and it got damaged so the image doesn't show up on the top screen but I can still select games and play GBA on the bottem screen.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I got some dstwoupdate.dat file and am trying to "upgrade the firmware" on my phat ds. some readme from 2012 says it can take up to a minute for the card to show up...