Supercard DSTWO hands-on preview

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, May 7, 2010.

1. lolzed

lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Sep 13, 2008
    There
    wut?I don't see your point

2. Hotzdevil

Hotzdevil GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2009
    India
    Dimapur, Nagaland
    man i want it!! but sadly i don't know if i can ever get it..

3. BlackDave

BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    The Promised Land...
    The Box looks so professional compared to the one for Acekard 2i, M3i Zero and EZflash Vplus.

The DSONE box looked good too

4. deka01

deka01 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2008
    man i want this so much my old m3ds real just doesn't cut it crap support and its slow as to load guides sometimes upwards of 5min though it could be worse

5. 9th_Sage

9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    I'm curious...what exactly do you mean?

6. MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness Deliverator

GBAtemp Patron
    MarkDarkness is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 17, 2009
    Poland
    What I mean is that when I play games on my DS, I want to experience the game like it was meant to be played. In other words, I don't want save states, slowdown, in-game walkthrough, multithread, etc. To use those features, I'd rather just play the game on my PC on an emulator, taking advantage of advanced graphic filters, enhanced speaker sound, playing on a full-featured controller... etc.

In that sense, AKAIO gives me 100% compatibility and offers me the only things I really need, which are soft reset and a very sleek interface.

7. Dark^'^Knigh

Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2007
    Paradise
    [​IMG]
    "Enjoy Yourself !
    All Pleasure in it"

Seriously gonna wait till a team that is little a less "corny" with a much sleeker interface comes along using the same technology. Despite the appeal of it being the only cart available with its features, SC Team will never suck me in again (unless it's a gift, of course [​IMG] ).

8. coolness

coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Banned
    Jun 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    Rotterdam Bitches!!
    Looks like an Acekard clone
    but i like it [​IMG]

9. joybeba6679

joybeba6679 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Maybe when GBA, SNES and even NES, why not!, are working correctly, then id think on buying it, only a crazy guy would buy this as it is right now...

10. ahtin

ahtin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Hong Kong
    my card is coming too, cant wait for their new card, look like amazing.

11. Escape

Escape GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2008
    United States
    Well, only a crazy guy wouldn't buy it while it was offered for only $30! HA!

Any chance checking if the Megaman Battle Network games work with no slow-downs?
    That was the only reason I actually bought it - playing this series all over again :>

12. shaunj66
    OP

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    Update:

I've just been told of a very exciting feature that the DSTWO provides that has not yet been announced.

Here is an updated feature list:

Note the last feature. Apparently the DSTWO is able to over come any kind of anti-piracy patch that may appear in future titles. Utilizing the CPU, I'm told the DSTWO can pass through and bypass any anti-piracy measures which is the first cart to do so. They say the games will never need to be patched to run.

They tell me that the DSTWO CPU can emulate the original cartridge without patches, whilst others flash cart need a patch.

13. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Anyone else deterred by the fact that GBA emulation kills the battery life of the DS? 4 hours was it? I'll stick to my actual GBASP for now (although I did preorder for SNES feature, if it ever comes).

14. Escape

Escape GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2008
    United States
    Nothing about Xvid/Divx support? :

15. shaunj66
    OP

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England

16. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    I don't believe the compatibility will be perfect (let's face it, they told that when the R4 came out...), but if they use the CPU it's interesting [​IMG]

Thanks for the preview. I can't wait for my unit to arrive. Hopefully they'll ship out the hardware soon, and hopefully they'll keep on improving their software. With so many features there's probably a lot that can be improved. But hey, this is the Supercard Team, so we'll probably not be disappointed.

17. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Are you sure they're talking about game AP and not flashcart AP? The way they worded it, specifically saying "iDS Anti Piracy", it sounds like they've fixed it so that the SCDS2 can't be blocked by a DSi firmware update like other flashcarts.

18. lolzed

lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Sep 13, 2008
    There
    try out Dementium II(which so far has no fix) and see it it works [​IMG]

19. spark1223

spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    United States
    I could have used this when I had a dsi, yet it would be difficult to play max payne on the emulator ( it doesn't emulate well on any system really) I mean the game even slow down on the gba. Some games are hard to emulate.

20. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    the most tuned flashcart offering everything that a person would find in other carts
    the bypassing all types of AP is kinda strange but hopefully it will not be wrong