Supercard DS Two GBA?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by skullassfreak, Mar 7, 2010.

Mar 7, 2010

Supercard DS Two GBA? by skullassfreak at 1:05 AM (1,006 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. skullassfreak
    OP

Newcomer skullassfreak Member

United States
    I understand that nobody even has a clue to when this is going to be released [​IMG]

But i was wondering that, since it has been announced to have GBA emulation, if GBA games would be able to be played while in a DS game [​IMG]

Being a big pokemon addict, I want to be able to migrate pokemon from fire red and emerald...
    Do you think doing so will be possible with the DSTwo?

2. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    If, by that, you mean playing a DS game and a GBA game at the same time, then definitely not.

3. skullassfreak
    OP

United States
    Noo not at the same time [​IMG]
    Like booting up the emulator to trick the DS game into thinking there is an actual GBA cartridge in the slot (even on a dsi)

4. Uncle FEFL

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
    Lol, someone is asking the exact same question at the SuperCard forums as well.

Maybe, maybe not, to be honest. We don't know anything about the SuperCard DSTwo beside the feature list. I don't think it will though. But don't let that put you down!

5. skullassfreak
    OP

United States
    Aww yeah you're probably right [​IMG]
    It does sound too good to be true!

It would give supercard an advantage over other flash cards (hint hint supercard) [​IMG]

6. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    I wouldn't think so

If I understand this - what the DSTwo will have is a second 'processor' built in to run the GBA Emulator side one things (or for the realtime decoding of movies etc) to remove the stress on DS processor (& hopefully prevent slowdowns/glitches etc), but it won't contain any extra memory (otherwise it'll be like having a gameboy on a flashcard).

The GBA or NDS code will still be run in the same memory location(s) on the DS

Since you wouldn't be able to have both GBA and NDS roms stored at the same place then I guess it would be impossible

IF the DSTwo had it's own processor AND memory then I guess it could be done
    The NDS rom will be in the DS memory & the GBA would be stored on the DSTwo memory

Since there's no 'real' specs for the DSTwo yet - we can only guess

7. megawalk

Member megawalk The Legendary SRW Addict

Netherlands
    true. but the only speculation is that it had iPlayer technology enhanced with it.
    so what could be expected of the iPlayer on that mark is going to be most likely expected in the DS Two