Hacking Supercard DS TWO battery drain vs other carts?

Dead Ghost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm interested in how much the DS Two's CPU drains the DS's battery, compared to other carts (eg Acekard 2i). I'm guessing it must be a difference, but how much?

Also does the DSi XL last longer than a DSi? Anyone knows?

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the super card ds two causes my battery to last about 2.5-3 hours while my old m3 lasts about 3.5-4 hours. If the old m3 is anything like acekard the battery life is decreased but I have no idea if there is a problem with the old m3 that causes this and i have no acekard to use to show a comparison.

Forgot to say but I heard the dsi charges faster not sure how much faster but faster.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do a search for Cannonfoddr's thread, he did a comparison of the DSTWO battery life. The verdict of which was that it really wasn't much of an issue.

For GBA emulation etc there is an option to increase or decrease the processor speed, and so power consumption. The default setting is fairly 'conservative'.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
Do a search for Cannonfoddr's thread, he did a comparison of the DSTWO battery life. The verdict of which was that it really wasn't much of an issue.

For GBA emulation etc there is an option to increase or decrease the processor speed, and so power consumption. The default setting is fairly 'conservative'.
http://gbatemp.net/t240927-how-much-do-fla...life?&st=15

For those too lazy
tongue.gif

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:

Don't forget that test use the highest brightness setting. However, in real life, the brightness setting is around 0-2. I guess when use DS for long time mode, DSTWO drain time more than most people think.

Dead Ghost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys, i appreciate. Looking at Cannonfoddr's results, the differences are pretty small indeed. Even if he used the highest setting for light, it doesn't matter from the test's perspective. I guess with a smaller light setting, you could add an hour or so to all of the times recorded there.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, though I never timed about my DSi XL battery life. I would say it shaved off about 2 hours of gameplay with DSTWO. I'm using the second brightness.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night