Hacking SuperCard DS ONE questions

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i've held off buying a slot one cart for a long time, since companies have been pretty active with new carts and loaders coming out all the time.

i was interested in getting an ez5 for its price after hearing that a new loader is in the works, however it is completely unknown when it will be released.
then i took another look at the supercard, and i admit i'm liking alot about it.

however i like to do my research before committing, so here are some questions.

1. What version of moonshell is the current loader? if it's 1.7 how long did it take to update from when the moonshell version was released? how often are updates released?

2. does the loader usually need updates to play the latest games? (was zelda playable without an update?)

3. i recall hearing that with a skinning program you can replace the moonshell error message, is that true?

4. i gather that the loader has two different file views, one where the icons are listed vertically, another where more are visible. is this true? and is there a view which hides the icons so i can view more files at once?

5. with a kingston 1gb japan, is there any lag/problems in problematic games (tony hawk, castlevania) ??

6. how are saves managed? can you save directly to the card? are they stored in a saver folder or in the same folder as the game? are save types automatically detected?

7. does it skip the normal ds selection screen when inserted or do you boot in manually (like an official ds game) ?

8. how long is boot time ?

9. what special functions are available in patching mode? (super mode is it called?) do slower SD cards work well at all?

thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me
smile.gif

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Its still 1.41( Hopefully updated in next update)

2.It supports 4M so it should have(Can somebody please eleaborate on this). No game has needed a update to play

3. The message is long gone my friend

4. Yes there is a list mode with no icons.There are 4 views, OSW

5. Nope(Havent tested those games but evryone else has said there fine with Kingston)

6. When you save a game it is backed up to the card. When you turn on the card it saves them(takes about a second or 2). The save files files are in the same folder as the ROM. Yes they are up to 1255(you can set it yourself or it auto sets as 512KB)

7. It skips like a passcard

8. Around 5 seconds

9. I never bothered with it. It was crap from what I heard, dont bother with it

Anything else you want to know
biggrin.gif

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright sweet thanks for the reply pal!

can anyone else confirm about any problem roms? (lag or not working etc)

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nothing seems wrong with me, i had gotten a kingston n a game wasnt working properly, turns out it was just the rom, i have noted that before the sp4 update that my FFIII had a problem when cheats were enabled (had to keep pressing the b button after exiting the cheat menu to skip the opening video) but with out cheats i havnt had a problem, but idk if its been fixed with sp4

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the advice darkcrudus, a couple of games having problems with cheats on doesn't really bother me though.

some more questions:

Anyone able to confirm 100% no problems/lag with Tony hawk downhill jam and Castlevania POR?
How are cheats managed?
I heard it is possible to patch games to save directly to the microsdcard. is that true?

sorry for so many questions guys
tongue.gif

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that PoR plays 100% flawlessly. I'm using a 2GB Kingston Japan with it. I've also played the game using a 1GB Kingston(J), and a 1GB Nokia(J), and it played flawlesly on these two microsd's also.

As long as you have a Japan made microsd, then you won't have any problems with games. But all slot 1's, not just the SCDS1, need a fast microsd to run the problem games at fullspeed. As for Downhill Jam, I haven't experienced any troubles in the time I've spent with the game. But I haven't played it all the way through like I have PoR.

The only problem I've ran into game wise, is that BiA and Master of Disguise does not play correctly if trimmed. BiA won't get past the opening Ubisoft screen, and Wario Master of Disguise freezes when you enter the start menu.

Pretty weird. Every other game I've trimmed works perfectly though. So if you want those two games, you'll have to leave them un-trimmed. By the way, I asked someone else to test this for me, and he had the same results. So I know it wasn't just me.

But, those are the only problems I've ever had with any games. Just a trimming isue.

Out of all my carts, I gotta say the SCDS1 is my second favorite(close to being my favorite), so I definitely recommend it. I really like it's GUI. I always keep my icons set to the PDA layout. It's a really nice look. One that no other cart has. And now that this cart has full download play, and auto-patching DLDI(not to mention homebrew soft reset), it's right up there with the R4 and Evo.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm that PoR plays 100% flawlessly. I'm using a 2GB Kingston Japan with it. I've also played the game using a 1GB Kingston(J), and a 1GB Nokia(J), and it played flawlesly on these two microsd's also.

As long as you have a Japan made microsd, then you won't have any problems with games. But all slot 1's, not just the SCDS1, need a fast microsd to run the problem games at fullspeed. As for Downhill Jam, I haven't experienced any troubles in the time I've spent with the game. But I haven't played it all the way through like I have PoR.

The only problem I've ran into game wise, is that BiA and Master of Disguise does not play correctly if trimmed. BiA won't get past the opening Ubisoft screen, and Wario Master of Disguise freezes when you enter the start menu.

Pretty weird. Every other game I've trimmed works perfectly though. So if you want those two games, you'll have to leave them un-trimmed. By the way, I asked someone else to test this for me, and he had the same results. So I know it wasn't just me.

But, those are the only problems I've ever had with any games. Just a trimming isue.

Out of all my carts, I gotta say the SCDS1 is my second favorite(close to being my favorite), so I definitely recommend it. I really like it's GUI. I always keep my icons set to the PDA layout. It's a really nice look. One that no other cart has. And now that this cart has full download play, and auto-patching DLDI(not to mention homebrew soft reset), it's right up there with the R4 and Evo.

Brothers in arms works fine for me trimmed on a 1GB Kingston.

ZouBaby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
btw...does anyone know how u can put saved files on DS into computer? (in case the ds one card/sd card screws up...so that I don't have to start over a game from scratch)

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I assume you just go into the folder where your games are and the appropriate .sav files will be there. just copy them from the microsd to the computer.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a problem with mario & luigi partners in time, when it created de savefile for the first time it wasn't recorded unless patch mode was disabled. After the save is created(the first time you run the game) I can play in patch mode always

ZouBaby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
o.o do I always have to disable patch mode when creating a save file for the first time u play a game?
cuz so many of my save files just randomly get deleted for no reason...
sometime in advance wars ds...I get backed up a mission when I play later even when I saved it...
and yeah...my saved files always gets deleted in super mario 64 ds, bomberman, and mario/luigi partners in time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up