SuperCard DS One Help!!!

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by HokageNaruto, Nov 24, 2008.

Nov 24, 2008
  1. HokageNaruto
    OP

Member HokageNaruto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Alright so I just got my Supercard DS One and I have confirmed that it isn't fake. Ive downloaded the OS onto my Kingston 8gb Microsdhc class 4 card(Made in Japan of course) and I've also put about 90 ROMs onto the card too. The folder the ROMs are located in has about 50 items in it including other folders. When I turn on my ds, everything comes up fine. It's just that when I try to click the folder my ROMs are in, the entire thing freezes... I can do other stuff like change the settings and stuff, but once I click the ROMs folder, it just freezes. I ran the test thingy by pressing L+R before the start up screen and I dont have any errors. I'm thinking that maybe I have too many things in 1 folder so I'm gonna try to use the card with not as many items in it to see if thats the case.

EDIT: I tested it with less stuff in the folder twice, once with about 30 or so items and once with about 10, and it still freezes...

EDIT2: I figured it out... first I gotta say how I put the files into the sdhc card.
    In the root of the sdhc card, I had the scshell folder, the MSFORSC.NDS file, and a ROMs folder with all my ROMs in it.
    I guess if you have a folder there filled with ROMs, it won't let you open the folder and access the ROMs in it...
    so I just put the ROMs right next to the scshell folder and the MSFORSC.NDS file.
    Thats dumb lol. Is there any way to change that?

Any help would be appreciated [​IMG]

2. rasputin

Member rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Shouldn't be any problem with folders on the root, thats where I put mine, tho you could try changing the name to 'games' or something.

I reckon though you may have a 0kb corrupt file in the folder somewhere, check the .sav file sizes. Also keep similary named roms in seperate folders ie.. pokemon pearl, pokemon diamond and double check you are using the SDHC version of the OS software.

3. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Do a complete format of your memory card. Panasonic SDformatter is a great program.
    Also, you said that you confirmed your SCDS1 isn't a fake.
    COuld you say which version it is though?

If its not the SDHC version (It should have a little sign saying SDHC on the cart) you should really kick yourself >_

4. HokageNaruto
    OP

Member HokageNaruto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I kept all the rom names with their scene numbers in front so I could put similar ones in folders [​IMG]
    I did remember seeing a 0kb .save file somewhere and whenever I tried to delete it, it would come back...
    Yaya its an sdhc version LOL
    It works fine now with all the ROMs in the root folder. I just wanted them to be in their own folder cuz it would be more organized meh. Ill probably move stuff around some other time lol. now is the time to enjoy some nds games!