Supercard - Adding New Plug-ins

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by fishykipper, Jun 23, 2010.

1. fishykipper
    OP

fishykipper pkmn breeder

Jul 19, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I'd like to have a few of my most played games on the Supercard Start Menu, you know where you select either NDS or GBA etc.....!

So basically, I know how to add new plugins, you drop the (.nds, .bmp and .ini) into the '_dstwoplug' folder! then you select the icon from the Supercard Menu!

But what i dont get is, if ive made up a .ini file, created a .bmp and dropped the .nds game into the plugins folder, why wont it boot??

For example, in the folder I have:

Mario Party.nds
    Mario Party.ini
    Mario Party.bmp

with the .ini file structured like this:

[plug setting]
    icon=fat1:/_dstwoplug/Mario Party.bmp
    name=Mario Party

Yet the game still wont load? can someone shed some light on this please!!!

2. Porobu

Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Sep 12, 2009
    I dont think this works with DS Roms

3. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    Correct. The plug-ins system only works with homebrew, because that's the only thing the main menu can load. I suppose commercial ROM support could be added, but you'll have to talk to a member of the Supercard team about that.

4. fishykipper
    OP

fishykipper pkmn breeder

Jul 19, 2009
    United Kingdom
    damn, that's a shame! how come only homebrew works? I don't understand? how does the card distinguish between homebrew and commercial?

cheers for the replies thought, i'll stop trying now! lol!

5. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Some1 will most probably correct me - but IIRC virtually all programs (ROM and Homebrew) have a portion of code @ the beginning (called a 'header') & within this header is a 4-character code

With Homebrew - this is usually '####' (I think), while with ROMS it's something else - like 'ASDF', (& it's different for every game)

It could be that a launcher will look in the header & IF it see '####' it will DLDI patch it before running, if it finds anything else - it is classed as a ROM & is either not run, or ran with a different type of loading procedure.

The 'shortcut' menu on a DSTwo may have been programmed for DLDI patching only - & will ignore any non-'####' programs it finds

6. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

Feb 21, 2009
    United States
    Where intellect matters
    I highly doubt it purposely doesn't boot commercial roms, I think it just doesn't have support for them. Part of it is that they need to be patch and/or booted differently from homebrew.