Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC characters already selected - Chosen by Nintendo

Smash.png

With Super Smash Bros. Ultimate launching in a month's time, the hype is reaching its peak. In the last Nintendo Direct, Game Director Masahiro Sakurai announced that five DLC characters will be released, each costing $5.99. Today, it was announced on his Twitter account that the five upcoming characters have already been picked by Nintendo, with Sakurai himself having the final say. This was followed up by another post asking fans to stay on-topic when replying to his tweets, possibly in a bid to avoid the ongoing cry of Waluigi fans.

So, who do you want to see join the battle in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC? Are you holding onto hope that Waluigi can still make it in, or are you looking forward to more ambitious fighters?​
:arrow: November 1st Nintendo Direct GBAtemp Round-Up
:arrow: November 1st Nintendo Direct

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it's called Jump Force and it's out next year lol

Jump Force is awesome absolutely, but that's 3D, i'm getting it of course... But I mean a straight copy of Smash but with Anime characters, not like Playstation Allstars but it was fun lol

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Z
I'd prefer Zero or even Bass TBH. Solaire and/or Siegmeyer from Dark Souls would be great additions, and I still want to see Sans from Undertale included.
Zero had his chance in the vs Capcom series. I'm all in for bass

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Waluigi cannot be a DLC because he is an assist trophy.
His reveal trailer could show him breaking out/scamming his way out of his assist trophy prison.
Imagine him turning on the one who summoned him

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, you don't HAVE to buy it.
The onus isn't on me to buy it. They're the ones who are trying to incentivize a purchase, and they're basically telling the fans that they know what we want better than we do. The goal of Nintendo is to make me buy the DLC, but they're just backhanding the people who love the game and want to be a part of shaping its future.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its safe to assume atleast 1 of those dlc characters will be FE... Nintendo like to add characters to help promotional rep of new games as well. So don't be surprised if they threw in lil old Eevee into the mix to promote pkmn lets go. Everybody wants Sora, but its really not up to Square Enix.. hes a Disney character too

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember that time when Nintendo was like, "Blah blah, DLC...", then we were blessed with 'netta X Cloud? Yeah, five chosen, but 8 waiting.

I'm drunk+hungover.

hamohamo

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope i eat my words but since it's not sakurai but nintendo who choose. they're probably gonna be characters with low request rates

D

Deleted User

I really want Phoenix Wright, Karate Joe/The Wandering Samurai, a character from Puyo Puyo, and a Mortal Kombat character. PLEAAAAASE!

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Are you holding onto hope that Waluigi can still make it in, or are you looking forward to more ambitious fighters?"

It's never happening. Nintendo would have to remove a certain assist trophy just to put the character in. And although assist trophies get cut, that only happens when anew game comes out. Not in the current game. Heck, even Pyrosphere is gone just because we get to play as Ridley. Forget it!

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Probably because he never gets any love from Nintendo. Even Luigi who is famously known as the worse of the Mario Bros. that hardly ever gets any love from Nintendo got his own games.
I don't know if his inclusion in Smash would add much, I'm not sure what his moveset would even be like since he's never had his own games. And maybe that's why they haven't included him, they felt that any ideas about what he would play like would be too similar to Wario.
But I think he does need to get his own games. He's a pretty interesting character, and some of the fangames I've seen leave me wishing Nintendo would do something more with the character.
Probably the hundredth time I say this, but Waluigi has a very good moveset in Brawl4All. Seeing that Ridley's moveset is almost identical to the Ridley in Brawl4All, Waluigi wouldn't be that much of a surprise to be a DLC character.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol