Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XD.
Donkey Gorilla.

I don't wanna download the Homebrew game til its done, but ..
did they start making their own sprites? Or are they still just getting em from different games?
It would be cool if they actually got their own team of spriters.l

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, it would be good if they got their own sprites, as long as they look legit. I know they want some voice actors... That's really where I would stick to the originals.

And I really agree with most people in this thread. The controls, and just attacks, physics and effects should really be fixed/implemented/polished before characters are added. What I feel is happening is a bunch of people yelling "ADD SNAKE! ADD SHADOW! ADD CLOUD!", and then the developpers are thinking that adding characters quickly is going to make people happy. If they actually have good physics, effects, control, features and AI, then this game will be fun. Adding more images to a non-fun game doesn't make it any better.

Anyway, Smash on DS isn't terrible(it's possible, and if done right it COULD be fun- Better than the dumb flash Smash games) but I don't have faith that independant developpers can make a fun game in the Smash style. So anyway, I'll watch the progress, we'll see what happens.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alato said:
Yeah, it would be good if they got their own sprites, as long as they look legit. I know they want some voice actors... That's really where I would stick to the originals.

And I really agree with most people in this thread. The controls, and just attacks, physics and effects should really be fixed/implemented/polished before characters are added. What I feel is happening is a bunch of people yelling "ADD SNAKE! ADD SHADOW! ADD CLOUD!", and then the developpers are thinking that adding characters quickly is going to make people happy. If they actually have good physics, effects, control, features and AI, then this game will be fun. Adding more images to a non-fun game doesn't make it any better.

Anyway, Smash on DS isn't terrible(it's possible, and if done right it COULD be fun- Better than the dumb flash Smash games) but I don't have faith that independant developpers can make a fun game in the Smash style. So anyway, I'll watch the progress, we'll see what happens.
I would have to agree 100% with this. I really hope that they can make it a decent homebrew game before Nintendo announced Smash Bros Portable on their next portable device. Until then I'll pass on the "betas."

Fo0+

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to try this game out but I couldn't get this version to run on my G6 Real, it was just a black screen that said that the file was DLDI compatible so I guess I have to do something with the file to get it to work.
I reallt think this is a great project. How many people are working on this homebrew and do they have an official site? It must be a lot of hard work to accomplish for just a few people but this game could really make it if they put in some effort in the project.

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried, works perfectly on CycloDS of course

The dont have b across or b attacks yet, but the games pretty fun at the moment, the levels are great

Is there an official site for this?

lil-devil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dinofan01 said:
Alato said:

I would have to agree 100% with this. I really hope that they can make it a decent homebrew game before Nintendo announced Smash Bros Portable on their next portable device. Until then I'll pass on the "betas."
well of course it'd be cool and i think they would really want their own sprites but i think it would require a lot more people... and proby more money too since it would mean they would need to devote all the times and everything into it tho you know what i mean? ^^

anyways i hope this goes really well too ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended