Gaming Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Discussion

Cheesus

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Regarding my problem again:
I was finally able to hook my Wii up to another TV and there I could play Brawl in color, so the problem is my TV.
Just wanted to let you know.

chaofan

Trophies
XP
Country
HAK_Devil said:
Yeah the japanese version does work for random brawls now and considering there is minimal lag I am going to assume it is connecting to US servers and fighting local players. Hope that helps.

Yes, that directly answers my question ^___^ (after millions of answers, someone gets my question). Much appreciated.

And Toon Link 4 today's update. Go to SmashDojo and pray to him. NOW
tongue.gif

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
so, if i get it imported from the US, when it comes out in pal in 10 million years i can't play random?

blechner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone. I've just joined this community.
As most people here, I am having problems trying to put my SSBB USA DVD9 to play. Everyone is saying "I got disk errors", "I got white screen". My problem is: my wii doesn't even try to read the disk!! I can't hear the "reading disk characteristic noise"! Please help me! I don't know which modchip I have but every game I tried ran fine (including mario galaxy) but it fails to read my SSBB disk. I think I have wiikey because this is what the guy who sold the console to me said. I've tried the IMGBURN layer break configuration and the NERO default configuration and nothing seems to work. I only get that famous interrogation mark in the disk channel. I am using RITEK DL disks. My wii is in version 3.1U.
Thank you very much! (and sorry for the long text...)

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheesus said:
Regarding my problem again:
I was finally able to hook my Wii up to another TV and there I could play Brawl in color, so the problem is my TV.
Just wanted to let you know.

you need to have a 60hz TV

slvrdrgn123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Yaosm and the game works fine with everything else, but when I try to play SS Emissary, it doesn't work correctly. At the lake, I defeat Rayquaza and move on into the next part. After falling to the bottom of the pit (after the storks), I go through the door and everything goes black. I need some help with that. Could it be a bad disk?

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but sometimes when a smash attack hits me in the air...I fly the OPPOSITE direction to my demise.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone experiencing the same thing..?

It's kind of sad. I'm a huge smash fan but.. lately, I've been playing less and less Brawl. I need something exciting in it to start a spark again. It was like Melee, where I told about advance techniques and it just made me go crazy about Melee. I had so many things to learn again, but Brawl doesn't seem like it's going that way. There's a few "advance technique" here and there like Snake's Dash attack cancel to Up Smash, but nothing that makes it exciting like L-canceling.

Brawl is good nonetheless, but I actually did wish for it to be more technical.

Kiok

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
chaofan said:
Gah, I'm sorry asking the same question again... I hope my question can finally be answered...

For those of you who live in the US and have had the Japanese version of Brawl, can you now connect "Random Matches" online? Now that the US servers of Brawl are up, I would imagine having the Japanese version wouldn't matter, as long as there's a connection point... Would someone with a Japanese Brawl living in the US be so kind to test this out?

I recently invested in Freeloader and want to import a US Brawl. The only thing stopping me is if having a US copy would not let me play random once SSBB comes out here. Really, it's outrageous what us PAL gamers have to go through.

Thanks in advance! And apologies for the amount of times regarding this topic :-P

Yes, the Japaneses version of Brawl with work with random people online on NTSC console.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
There are 48 pages, so sorry if this has been resolved.
I bought a freeloader along with the US version of Brawl, and it doesn't work.
I did the whole recommended routine, insert freeloader twice, insert the brawl disc, but the wii still doesn't read it. Doesn't even say the disc is readable. And after googling around, I find no people who experienced this problem, everyone seems to have this great fucking party while I have a non-working copy of brawl (or freeloader?) on my desk.

I have a launch day Wii and 3.2E firmware, my wii is as of yet unmodded... But if trying to legitimately import a game doesn't work...

HAAAAAALP!

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hitto said:
I did the whole recommended routine, insert freeloader twice, insert the brawl disc, but the wii still doesn't read it. Doesn't even say the disc is readable. And after googling around, I find no people who experienced this problem, everyone seems to have this great fucking party while I have a non-working copy of brawl (or freeloader?) on my desk.

I have a launch day Wii and 3.2E firmware, my wii is as of yet unmodded... But if trying to legitimately import a game doesn't work...

HAAAAAALP!
Seems your problem is your Wii is a launch version...The newer models have a Wider Laser reach than the previous models. Since Brawl is a Dual Layered DVD, your laser is having a hard time reading all the data. My suggestion to you is to contact Nintendo and get your Wii checked out.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Thanks, I'll check into that.
EDIT : Well, I tried the same routine again on the store's wii, and it didn't work either... The guy at least reimbursed me, but WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME O CRUEL FATE and so on.

TaeK

Trophies
Website
d4nart.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Riku Akiyama said:
Hitto said:

HAAAAAALP!
Seems your problem is your Wii is a launch version...The newer models have a Wider Laser reach than the previous models. Since Brawl is a Dual Layered DVD, your laser is having a hard time reading all the data. My suggestion to you is to contact Nintendo and get your Wii checked out.

I have a launch wii (PAL) and have no problems using the Freeloader and NTSC Brawl. Don't know what's wrong at your end, as the first time i put freeloader in, i put it in twice, and then the brawl disc, then it asks to install update and voila.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
And since the rest of the world also says that, the last logical explanation is that my wii doesn't read dual layer discs because it's either dirty or part of the small percentage that echewed QC. I'd send it in... But I'm too busy with Mario Kart right now.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hitto said:
And since the rest of the world also says that, the last logical explanation is that my wii doesn't read dual layer discs because it's either dirty or part of the small percentage that echewed QC. I'd send it in... But I'm too busy with Mario Kart right now.
Apparently I am getting my nintendo wii fixed,because when I tried to hack it I obviously did something wrong.

Whats the best controller to play brawl with?

PM me if you want to play online with me.

Can't wait until I get my hands on BRAWL for the very first time!!!!!!!!!!
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

cyrusx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
d0ud0u said:
Does SSBB NTSC-U works on jap Mod Wii without doing anything to it?

mmm.. the same problem, with me... My Japanese Wii with 3.1J and d2ckey modchip.
Can i play SSBB NTSC-U by burning it again with WBB and Wii Generic Patcher????

thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021