Gaming Super Smash Bros. 4 (Wii U & 3DS) Covers look awesome!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think glitches are necessarily bad in fighting games (the combo system in Street Fighter 2 resulted from a glitch and look at how prominent combos are now) but I haven't actually played Melee, so I can't say whether that applies here.

The titles could use some work, though it probably isn't a big deal.

"A twenty year old fighting game had glitches so this should too!"

If the game was designed to have combos and shit like that it would have them. When your "mechanics" are exploits in this day and age, it's poor game design.

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country

If the game was designed to have combos and shit like that it would have them. When your "mechanics" are exploits in this day and age, it's poor game design.

I didn't say that this should have glitches. The point I'm making is that glitches can give birth to new ideas and could turn out for the better. As I said, I am not too familiar with what wave dashing is, but it's not bad simply because it was unintended. Mew's accidental appearance in the original Pokemon games is another example of how glitches can have positive impacts. The argument "it isn't being use the way it's meant to be used, so it's bad" really doesn't hold much water when it could sometimes improve things.

EDIT: Sorry if I came off as slightly abrasive; that wasn't my intent.

Reactions: ComeTurismO

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say that this should have glitches. The point I'm making is that glitches can give birth to new ideas and could turn out for the better. As I said, I am not too familiar with what wave dashing is, but it's not bad simply because it was unintended. Mew's accidental appearance in the original Pokemon games is another example of how glitches can have positive impacts. The argument "it isn't being use the way it's meant to be used, so it's bad" really doesn't hold much water when it could sometimes improve things.
In all fairness, wave dashing really is broken, at least in my opinion. Sakurai certainly left it in there on purpose, but he had no idea that players would be able to exploit it in such an extreme way. It's one thing I'm glad to see gone from future iterations of Smash. It makes the skill ceiling WAY too high.

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I've read, wave dashing is a technique used to air slide slightly above the ground. It doesn't sound harmful at all, but I guesd I shouldn't talk about things I don't know about. >//<
How exactly is it harmful, though? Are you temporarily invincible while wave dashing or something?

Reactions: ComeTurismO

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Smash Bros, wave dashing is where you dodge into the ground at the earliest point in your jump so that your character slides across the ground because of the air dodge's momentum, while in a standing state. It allows for usage of standstill moves while adjusting your position.

Lag-canceling is one particular feature I used a lot, but I completely hate the concept of. You have a condition where any aerial normal attack can have their landing lag 100% removed in SSB, or 50% removed in Melee, simply by pressing the block button a moment before landing. There is no penalty or cost to using this feature, which means anyone who reflexively hits the block button before landing with any aerial attack basically has a superior character. Not like in literally every other fighting game where such maneuvers cost things like tension or super meter to execute, thereby preventing the feature from being extensively abused with no reason not to do it.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I use threats of physical violence to win at fighting games.... They can't patch out my combo's!!!

*Hides from the cops after a particular brutal match of My Little Pony Adventures*

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
PAL Edition

61CDqkPutHL._SY300_.jpg

61l4RIdXvUL._SX300_.jpg

For fuck's sake I really hope they get rid off "For Wii U / 3DS" but it seems that it might actually be the actual titles. Ugh! *sigh*

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Which font? The part that says "Super Smash Bros.," or the part that says "for 3DS/Wii U"?

latter, because especially the "for Wii U" text is very off from any previous "Wii" mark that's been used. This coming from N itself is quite disappointing :/

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Here are the full sized covers of the Wii U & 3DS versions:
91fptkI70FL._SL1500_.jpg

91wslv5zwuL._SL1500_.jpg
I'll be a bit disappointed if the "For Wii U / 3DS" is final.

Edit: Rosalina should be in Peach's place instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents