BlackDog61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi all!

With a couple of good people, we've completed a translation of Super Robot Wars A Portable for the PSP into English.
34ep26u.jpg

You can find all about it there:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,19055.msg270339.html#msg270339
... including a set of videos to prove this is real:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLT3TkbCkfO9DmYaTA3C6c5uJ5AT6B4oIE

The patch is over there too! http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3658/

2crt3yq.png

The story is fully translated, as are the menus, the graphics, the items, the spirits, the weapons, the names, the battle cries, the cries and the smiles, the joys and the pains... Everything!

Enjoy your games!

Black (for the team)

Last edited by BlackDog61,

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am honestly completely fine with no story, just menus and stuff to make it easier for me to annihilate all my enemies.

Perfect timing, the new one just got announced today :

I am a big SRW's fan, and I wish you the best with this translation !!

More hype for the game, thanks for this.
I'll be uploading it when it comes out.

Reactions: breaktemp

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You guys have just earned my eternal gratitude. =O
SRW is my favourite SRPG game series, I actually made a request about this game in the request topic a while back, I never did expect that someone would actually work on this game however.

A lot of people probably enjoy the gameplay and the mechas alone, in my case I actually enjoy the story and the way they manage to mix in so many series while making it intriguing and interesting. That said, I'll be hopefully waiting for a full translation patch in the coming years.

I'll be ordering the game later on (even though I only have a GO, I still buy UMD's for collection sake). x'D

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many things I want to say, and upon considering, most of them ungrateful sounding.

So let me just say, "thank you for doing this, and for being a group that is willing to work on Super Robot Wars. That is most awesome."

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Seems like the progress is going well, that's pretty neat (all the quotes being translated already in such a short time seems pretty great too).

BlackDog61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi there!
I just realized I hadn't edited this post in... ages. So, what's changed?
For one, our translator is pretty much re-translating the story from scratch, keeping the gamefaqs guide handy, in order not to miss any bit of meaning. So it's taking some time, but it is progressing.
Our editors have gone over all of the battle quotes, so that's done and fair and fine.
Tools have gone one step forward and now we're ready to have the robopedia / pilot bios translated properly.
I guess that's it - but you can head to our RHDN & youtube pages and check if you've seen all of our videos!

Kizux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kizuxgaming.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey, it looks pretty awesome so far.

If it helps at all, I'm pretty sure a lot of people (including me) will be ok with playing it with just the bare minimum translated (skills, attacks, abilities, names, mission objectives). If you ever plan on releasing a "half-way" patch for those eager to experience the gameplay, I'd be thankful.

BlackDog61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey Kizux!
Thanks for your interest and positive opinion. And for opening that possiblity.
We're really planning to go the whole 9 yards, so releasing a partial patch isn't on our plans at this stage.
By the way, we have some missing small bits here and there (backlog bug,I'm looking at you!) that still require care, anyway. so we wouldn't be ready if we wanted to.

Kizux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kizuxgaming.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey Kizux!
Thanks for your interest and positive opinion. And for opening that possiblity.
We're really planning to go the whole 9 yards, so releasing a partial patch isn't on our plans at this stage.
By the way, we have some missing small bits here and there (backlog bug,I'm looking at you!) that still require care, anyway. so we wouldn't be ready if we wanted to.

Oh, ok, I understand that. Well, I wish you luck dude. I get so pumped every time I hear someone making a new english translation for the PSP. I'm eager to see this project complete.

BlackDog61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi there, insertcoin!
I have been posting news almost weekly, on the main thread. :moogle: (That means the RHDN thread, editing the very first post.)
The project is going ahead full speed.
:discuss: Translation work is focused on the story, now, and encyclopedia entries :teach: get a little attention as chapters get translated. With interesting trivia for robots fans!
:psp: On the programming front, we're really closing on known bugs / limitations that we've planned to address.
It'll probably still be "quite a few months" (i.e. really more than 6) until the game's translation is complete, but things are moving forward. :arrow:
By the way: should you know any translator, we're interested. B-) The more, the merrier! :grog:

BlackDog61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Happy Halloween, GBATemp-ers!

We've released a demo patch, including the first 4 episodes of all routes! :grog:
Go ahead, play! Have fun! Laugh!
And also feed us back about what you like / don't like about it, if you get a little time. :ninja:
It's all on the project's page.

Black, for the team

5x8hle.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end