ROM Hack Super Robot Taisen W

Ixvael

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have been a lurker since registration :ha:
I've always wondered if anyone was doing a translation work on Super Robot Taisen W
Haven't found any threads saying anything about a group doing it though

Anybody know how to hack the game and translate it?
I'm interested in seeing a translation for that game ever since SRW J got translated and would like to start translating it alone if need be :lol:

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Tinke, Crystaltile, and a good old hex editor is all what you need.
You'll need translators fluent in Japanese too, the way the Japanese is written doesn't bode well at all with machine translators (which are very crappy when it comes to Japanese, btw). I'm doing a Ninokuni DS translation and the project is stalled because no translators are available (well, there were three but they disappeared all of a sudden after translating a few lines :( ... the script is big in games like that).

Also, no Super Robot Taisen translations for the DS games.

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

KiC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The game needs extensive reprogramming and reverse engineering. It has several custom compressions, all file formats are custom, and by default only supports double byte text. It is not a beginner project.

Reactions: GHANMI

Ixvael

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Given the right tools and the right team, this can be done. Although there is no team nor tool at the moment :lol:
But I am still going to take a crack at it. I like to see a translation of one of the few games that has ever had Full Metal Panic in it.

KiC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, of course it can be done. It's just that, if you have to ask how, then you can't do it. And I doubt you'd find other people willing to hack the whole game for you. So you should start with something simpler.

stae1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are translation being handled by S.Koreans...
L and K are nearly done and W is their last priority because... some dickhead screwed up the entire project and disappeared.

Ixvael

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are translation being handled by S.Koreans...
L and K are nearly done and W is their last priority because... some dickhead screwed up the entire project and disappeared.
Is there a chance that their translation is in English?

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a chance that their translation is in English?

Nope. Korean and Chinese translations are simple enough in the sense that they could put a reasonable font and script within the constraints of the Japanese version. They don't need to make the font cleaner like English requires...
And then because there is absolutely no reason for them to translate it for English. Plus JP>KR>EN isn't the most ideal combo :(

Ixvael

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. Korean and Chinese translations are simple enough in the sense that they could put a reasonable font and script within the constraints of the Japanese version. They don't need to make the font cleaner like English requires...
And then because there is absolutely no reason for them to translate it for English. Plus JP>KR>EN isn't the most ideal combo :(
Lol, if only I could contact them. I'd try translating for them in english in a heartbeat.

stae1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yup. pretty much. 1 character in Japanese/Korean/Chinese = 6 characters in English.
As for the translation issue, shouldn't matter much as long as there's a guy who is very avid fan of each and every single one of the anime series... which is highly unlikely lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1