Super Robot Taisen W

Discussion in 'GBAtemp Reviews & Guides' started by litium, Dec 12, 2008.

Dec 12, 2008

Super Robot Taisen W by litium at 4:01 AM (6,340 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. litium
    OP

Member litium GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    [​IMG] Hello to all Tempers out there. I hope you're enjoying this holidays as much as i am.
    First of all, i've never seen this section before and i'm thrilled theres one like this, to make reviews (i love meaking them, because you can make people to view and know some games that may pass unseen or underrated.). Anyways let's move on to the main topic, SRW W.

Super Robot Taisen W (Or Super Robot Wars W in English) is a Tactical RPG published and developed by Banpresto. The game revolves around (obviusly) mechas, anime mechas. Some are from well known anime series and others are "Banpresto Originals" or "Robots that we invented for this franchise". Anyways the story is quite... weird, mainly because the game is in Japanese and i didn't understanded it, so here's a quote from Wikipedia that should explain me and all of you what the game story is about.
    (Not everything in life is battling mechas for fun, there HAS to be a story for that, or at least an excuse haha)

2. Shakraka

Member Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Although this game is incredibly easy compared to most of the other SRW, I loved it for GaoGaiGar. From the first mission I receive GaoGaiGar, I spent all my money maxing out his stats and now (GaoFighGar) protect shade/walls everything and can rape anything close-range (he doesn't have any long range attacks). I can't wait till I get Genesic GaoGaiGar and do some Goldion Crusher raping.

Also, Tekkaman has an amazing range attack that was incredibly useful throughout the game.

3. iczfire

Newcomer iczfire Member

United States
    This game was really really really good, and it's even better if you know any of these series. Even if you know just one, the anticipation of it will get you through the game. I had this on my supercard, than the save file got corrupted, and I never played it again.
    The spirit moves were helpful/powerful, the combo moves were fun to watch, and commanding the greatest mechas of all time was pure fun [​IMG] The con is, there is not much strategy to this game. All maps are flat, and the only thing thats affects your movements are the spaces that take away fuel.
    The enemys you see at the beginning of each stage are the appetizer for the second wave of stronger enemys, so be sure not to waste all your soul points/ammo on the first wave.
    This game should be called super robot final fantasy, because the intermecha interactions ARE the fantasy, it doesn't get any better than this. I've learned a lot about other mecha series, because I originally picked this game up for gundam. If you've never played this game before, go get yourself a copy RIGHT NOW.

4. megawalk

Member megawalk The Legendary SRW Addict

Netherlands
    GaoGaiGar's Possibility of Evade is very low but his attack power is insane
    Genesic GaoGaiGar's Attack Power is Highly Dangerously Insane, and if i think it through his dodge chance is a little bit better
    but still insane attack power

as for tekkaman. dodge hype =p
    high dodge rate

Gundam Series units
    are also nice addition
    but if i keep to 3 favorites
    OG Mechs
    GaoGaiGar Series
    Tekkaman Series

5. Sp33der

Member Sp33der GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
  6. Shakraka

Member Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Fuck that; even if the game was in English I would still R+A speed scroll all the text so I can get to my spirit spam and GaoGaiGar rape. Seriously, though, spirit spam is the best (cheapest) way to win.

I've also been playing Alpha Gaiden for the PSX and it is much more difficult. Right now I'm suffering through Wing plot, but hopefully I'll be able to get to Gundam X and Turn A story events. (Double X is probably the best unit in the game from what I've seen)

I wish I had a AR Max so I can softmod my PS2 and play Alpha 3. Shit has Gunbuster and INAZUMA KIIIIIIIIIIIICK.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!