Super-NT-Jailbreak

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Deleted-355425, Feb 14, 2018.

1. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Yeah, he released that on April Fool's which is kinda funny.

ca032769 likes this.
  2. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Feb 21, 2004
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    I don't think I've seen a new thread on it but earlier in August the Super NT official firmware was updated to v4.9 which lead to jailbreak firmware v6.9. The most significant update on the Jailbreak end is support for a number of SNES enhancement chips. Taken straight from GitHub.
    • Added DSP1,2,3,4 support
    • Added OBC1 support
    • Added ST010, ST011 support
    • Added CX4 support
    So you can get your Super Mario Kart, Pilotwings, Mega Man X2 and X3 on through the rom loader now.

On the official side,
    • an SPC player has been added,
    • support for analogue's prototype DAC
    • user fonts and a couple more items.
    Full change log and release here: https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/Super-NT-Jailbreak/releases/tag/v6.9

3. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Thanks @AshuraZro, didn't know about the update. Been a busy month at my house. The addition of some enhancement chips is great stuff. But what I really anticipated and hoped for when I bought the Super NT is that the NES core would eventually get added to the jailbreak. Obviously, hasn't happened, and I don't understand why not. Unless Analogue intends to make a more affordable, plastic-shelled version of the NT Mini ... which they'd better get on it soon if that's the plan. But if the NT Mini isn't coming back, then they really should just add the NES core as an additional feature. They'd sell more, we'd all be happier customers, etc.

4. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Feb 21, 2004
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    I was also hoping for that originally. At this point, I figure it'd only happen if Analogue was packing up shop. I've considered getting a MiSTer setup together since beyond the SNES I don't have many carts but just haven't gotten around to it.

Hanafuda likes this.
  5. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Yeah I've got an AV Famicom in great original condition (see here: link) that I don't want to mod with NESRGB or HiDefNES. I do have a Framemeister but the AV Famicom/NES composite just looks horrible either way. I might end up buying another AV Fami next time I go to Japan, but really at this point I think the FPGA route is the way to go for HD retro console enjoyment. That's why I was hoping Analogue would come through (at least on the so-called jailbreak) with the NES core as a bonus on Super NT. But I think you're right it'll never see the light of day unless they make a new product for it, or just go out of business. Long live Kevtris!

6. invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo invader

Mar 17, 2014
    United States
    Southern California
    Well, Analogue is working on two new consoles. One of them is definitely a portable, but the other could be a cheaper NES clone.

Hanafuda likes this.