Super Mario Star Road 2 (N64 Hack Progress Thread)

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Skelux, Mar 22, 2013.

Mar 22, 2013
  1. Skelux
    OP

Newcomer Skelux Advanced Member

Australia
    Super Mario Star Road 2 aims to include over 240 stars, 40+ high quality levels, advanced assembly programming, and a fully new soundtrack. The first preview will show you the bonus level "Sound-Step Seas", featuring Beat-Block and Note-Block behaviors. New enemies may be introduced to the level further into development.

If you are interested in my work: https://sites.google.com/site/supermario64starroad/
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Skelux
    The original SM Star Road:

2. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Loved your first version, and so has my brother. I love how unique and thematic your levels are :)

3. Walker D

Member Walker D I have a hat

Brazil
    Wow! this stages are really well polished
    congrats!

4. mariofanatic64

Member mariofanatic64 The guy who does things

Australia
    It's great and I can't wait for it, but I'm a little concerned about the Health system. It looks like you're using a 2D Mario style of health, am I right?

I would personally prefer 3D Mario's to have the life wedges as in 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy (2).

5. Smash Br0

Member Smash Br0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Awesome!! I absolutely loved the first Star Road - collected every star. Thanks for that amazing mod.

Please keep up the fantastic work, Skelux. Can't wait to play Star Road 2! There aren't many great 3D platforming collect-a-thons anymore.

6. ComeTurismO

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    Well done, Skelux. I'll make a TAS of it when it's released. But I must say, your quite more brighter than Nintendo!

7. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    Looks very good. I'll have to try the first one, I loved SM64 and with all-new music and graphics it'll feel like a whole new game.

8. duffmmann

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Awesome!! what the ETA on this? I imagine there is still much work to be done, but how far along are you? How long do you imagine it will take to finish? Can not wait!! Loved the first one, still haven't beat it yet, will have to return to it tonight now that I'm reminded of it. Also I love that this works on the Wii too.