Super Mario Odyssey level editor

Hi everyone, i'd like to introduce you to my latest project I teased a while ago on my youtube channel:
OdysseyEditor
A Super Mario Odyssey level editor

2nrpsmf.jpg

The name pretty much says it all, it can open and edit odyssey levels.
Other than editing levels it can also load and edit byml and szs files from the game (and probably other switch games).
There is still much research to be done, any contribution on Github is welcome.
To use it you need your own dump of the game, don't ask here how to get it.

Hotkeys list and other info.
Download here
Nightly builds (These don't auto update, you have to manually check for new builds)
Requires Window 7,8,9,10 and .NET framework 4.5.2

zkiw7l.jpg

14dkbqa.jpg

qn42lt.jpg

345n9tj.jpg

FAQ:
Windows Defender won't let me run it.
This is normal for "Homebrew" software, as this doesn't have a digital signature nor it's in Microsoft's databases it warns you that it might be a virus, click on more options and run anyway.

The only way i could remove this warning is to and digitally sign the exe, but buying a certificate costs $$$
If you don't trust the exe you can check the code on Github and compile it yourself.

Some models look worse than in-game.
As levels are much more complex than 3D Land, to improve performances the editor loads the furthest LOD of each model (aka the lowest quality)

The editor is laggy
Unfortunately you need a decent pc to run it, on my gaming laptop from late 2016 most of the levels run fine, but some of the most crowded ones like the city are laggy.

To improve the performances while editing you can hide models you don't need like backgrounds, skies, etc

Last edited by exelix11,

Can

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Congrats! this looks amazing, will definitely be using this to make a few levels of my own :3

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi everyone, i'd like to introduce you to my latest project I teased a while ago on my youtube channel:
OdysseyEditor
A Super Mario Odyssey level editor

SJoDekx.png

The name pretty much says it all, currently it can open and edit odyssey levels, saving works but there is no (public) way to test the levels in-game.
Other than editing levels it can also load byml files from the game and export them as JSON (importing is untested).
There is still much research to be done, I might not be able to work actively on this until mid-summer, any contribution on Github is welcome.
To use it you need your own dump of the game, don't ask here how to get it.

For more info read the Readme on Github
Download here
Requires Window 7,8,9,10 and .NET framework 4.5.2
(Please note that this is the first release and most likely contains bugs, if you happen to find any post here or open an issue on Github)

MNFal03.png

TH12ixd.png

ZngUKuW.png

RxJjSdn.png

FAQ:
Windows Defender won't let me run it.
This is normal for "Homebrew" software, as this doesn't have a digital signature nor it's in Microsoft's databases it warns you that it might be a virus, click on more options and run anyway.

The only way i could remove this warning is to and digitally sign the exe, but buying a certificate costs $$$
If you don't trust the exe you can check the code on Github and compile it yourself.

Some models look worse than in-game.
As levels are much more complex than 3D Land, to improve performances the editor loads the furthest LOD of each model (aka the lowest quality)

The editor is laggy
Unfortunately you need a decent pc to run it, on my gaming laptop from late 2016 most of the levels run fine, but some of the most crowded ones like the city are laggy.

To improve the performances while editing you can hide models you don't need like backgrounds, skies, etc

Are you the one who exported a false level of Delfino Island?

Reactions: Perfect One

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It's funny that they can create this tool. Why not create a Virtual System that emulates the entire game itself ?.

D

Deleted User

Amazing Work! :) Incredible to see a Level editor so early after the game´s release!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yltcaxE +1