1. Pitagoras

OP Pitagoras Newbie
    Newcomer

Guatemala
    Hi, I recently bought a new 3ds xl and transfer my save files from an old 3ds with checkpoint (cfw), no problem until mario maker, didn't know i couldn't do that and that made it impossible to start over, every time I play and do some courses or play in the history mode and turn off my console, the message "You have to format to continue" appears, and i have to format lossing any progress i make, I tried everything, I reinstalled the cia, installed the Eur version of the game, I delete the game and the tickets with fbi, I even formatted my entire console and that did not solve my problem !!!
    Here are some additional details, the 3ds is originally from Japan, but the old owner managed to change the region to U, in the luma 3ds menu the "game patch" option is enabled, is there a way to fix it?
    I just want to play mario maker from 0 WhatsApp Image 2020-10-25 at 6.21.53 PM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-10-25 at 6.21.53 PM.jpeg

2. techmuse

techmuse Member
    Newcomer

United States
    "formatted my entire console" So still got the error even after trying to delete the save and extra data? (since that's where smm3ds stores all its other save data)

3. Pitagoras

OP Pitagoras Newbie
    Newcomer

Guatemala
    I just fixed it, my problem was my console ID, it just broke somehow, anyway i tried deleting the save and extra data, because i don't have an id the game thinks i am using a different console every time i turned off, it's weird
    The post i used, was the "How to unban your nintendo 3ds", in the 6th step i just don't have any ID at all.

techmuse likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - progress, doesnt, Super