Homebrew RELEASE Super Mario Maker course decrypted released

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To compile it: gcc -o smm2cd main.c aes.c
I assume you input either a level or level thumbnail and it outputs a decrypted version.
As usual, Nintendo adds encryption to anything they could. I'm glad this tool exists, as it is really helpful to reproducing a community-driven SMM2 level site.

Darkuni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a guide or tutorial on how to get custom levels off a legit Switch? I know you would have to dump the NAND from legit Switch and get the levels out of there. This tool does the work AFTER that.

I'm looking for a guide to getting the levels off my non-hacked switch. Appreciate the help.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a guide or tutorial on how to get custom levels off a legit Switch? I know you would have to dump the NAND from legit Switch and get the levels out of there. This tool does the work AFTER that.

I'm looking for a guide to getting the levels off my non-hacked switch. Appreciate the help.

extract your save file, then decrypt it on your pc using that hactoolnet tool.

Darkuni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
extract your save file, then decrypt it on your pc using that hactoolnet tool.

Right, this is what I'm looking for.

I understand I need to extract the NAND. I have a good idea how to do that. What I don't know how to do is access the NAND, find the RIGHT save files to copy over - to THEN apply the tool on.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Right, this is what I'm looking for.

I understand I need to extract the NAND. I have a good idea how to do that. What I don't know how to do is access the NAND, find the RIGHT save files to copy over - to THEN apply the tool on.

You don't need to dump the nand to extract the save can just use the homebrew app called 'checkpoint' to extract the save, also to inject a save.

https://github.com/FlagBrew/Checkpoint/releases

Darkuni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to dump the nand to extract the save can just use the homebrew app called 'checkpoint' to extract the save, also to inject a save.

https://github.com/FlagBrew/Checkpoint/releases

The Switch to pull the saves from is a legit Switch that does not have CFW. So that homebrew wouldn't operate.

I want my legit Switch to stay that way; I would purchase the game on the clean Switch, then dump the custom levels my friend has made so they could be played on the hacked Switch.

Hope this makes sense.

reexe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The Switch to pull the saves from is a legit Switch that does not have CFW. So that homebrew wouldn't operate.

I want my legit Switch to stay that way; I would purchase the game on the clean Switch, then dump the custom levels my friend has made so they could be played on the hacked Switch.

Hope this makes sense.

If the switch is not a patched unit u could use memloader and HacDiskMount together to be able to browse and copy stuff from your savefolder on your nand live, without needing to do any backups that u then have to extract. Just make sure u mount it as write only so u dont accidentally make any changes to it and get banned (or worse, like bricked).
Also if i remember correctly u have to first get your BIS keys extracted to be able to decrypt the folders (u just put the keys in hacdiskmount and it does the rest), pretty sure most ways of extracting your BIS keys are done from RCM and never enter HOS (the big N operating system), so u would not need to install cfw.

Edit: I have no idea if this is possible at all, BUT, if the levels u want are from someone that u know irl, then maybe u could try to connect to that persons game irl by being in the same room. Maybe levels that have multiplayer (could be temporarily added if needed) can be downloaded when joining a lan/adhoc multiplayer game? I guess u could also do this yourself if u have 2 Switches.

Last edited by reexe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.