Hacking Super Mario Maker after IOSU?

Blundermann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently it is not possible to participate in the online community in Super Mario Maker using Loadiine.

Once a backup loader surfaces for the IOSU exploit, would it be possible to use the online community?

I'm not familiar with how SMM works when it comes to the online stuff. Does it have a database that checks if you've pirated the game? Sort of like a unique serial sort of thing? If so, can it be spoofed?
Is it possibly something about Loadiine being too limited?

If IOSU grants access to the Wii U in its' entirety, I can imagine it's possible, but like I said I do not have any knowledge of how it works.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play online in Mario Maker, as long as you're on 5.3.2 and have the real game disc. You just gotta spoof the firmware.

But yep IOSU will solve any online problems we have now, without buying the real game disc.

I swear, Mario Maker is pretty expensive! Even for the disc alone, it's $50.

Blundermann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play online in Mario Maker, as long as you're on 5.3.2 and have the real game disc. You just gotta spoof the firmware.
I was really asking what is different between Loadiine with a spoofed firmware and its inability to participate online and running the game via some backup loader built around the IOSU exploit.

endoverend reminded me about the possibility of emuNAND, which at the time of writing the OP had completely slipped my mind.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
relax your panties I dont see the mod title under your name,let me refresh maybe I will see it
Nope u won't see it. And I'm perfectly relaxed bro. ( as relaxed as I can be while surrounded by plonkers ) just pointing out that people are making threads that basically already exist. Soooooo abit of common sence wouldn't go a miss!!!

Blundermann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop creating pointless threads and keep to the main ones. https://gbatemp.net/threads/hykems-5-5-iosu-exploit.406150/page-33
I was really asking what is different between Loadiine with a spoofed firmware and its inability to participate online and running the game via some backup loader built around the IOSU exploit.
This is not related to IOSU and the actual exploit in general, I was asking about how the online stuff in SMM worked and if IOSU will open up that possibility. I was thinking it would be more than a one-word answer, so I felt rather than shitting up the replies of the main IOSU thread more, it would be more appropriate to start a discussion.

However, it turns out IOSU bringing emuNAND support answered my question, which at the time of writing the OP had slipped my mind.

There's no need for you to police other users like that. That's the moderator's job.

Reactions: endoverend

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL