Hacking Super Mario Galaxy

purechaos996

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello fine folks of GBATemp :D

Anyway, I'm having a bit of an issue right now and I'm stumped at what could be causing the problem. After about a year of not playing I decided to play through Super Mario Galaxy again and everything was all fine and dandy until the 3rd cutscene was supposed to happen (the one that happens when Mario approached the bridge to the castle) The game just crashes to a black screen. I've searched around and thought it might have been my IOS's at first so I downgraded back to cIOS249 rev17 Still no dice, Maybe it was my USB Loader, tried CFG, Wiiflow, NeoGamma and USB LoaderGx, same problem. Thinking perhaps the .iso got corrupt I decided to extract it to my PC and see if I could pass that point via Dolphin, low and behold I using dolphin I was able to pass the glitch. (BTW The games looks great fullscreened with 2x anti-aliasing) Now I'm at the end of my rope with what to do. I've tried using Hermes cIOS222/223 with no luck. I find it odd because I don't remember having this problem back when I originally played through the game.

And I can play every other game perfectly fine, even Skyward Sword so I'm honestly not sure what is causing the crash.

purechaos996

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try upgrading. I doubt it the hard drive going into sleep mode since the 3rd cutscene happens like 10min into the game, and I've played skyward sword in sittings of 3 hours or more.T

EDIT: Updated and it works now, Odd since I already had a new cIOS just not the newest, oh well. Thanks :D

kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
you can always try disk check your usb drive for errors
also I would format my HDD and make sure its 32kb sectors
could be a drive failure

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat