Hacking Super Mario Galaxy Problem

julz1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so i actually own this game. dumped it myself so i dont think it is a scrubbing or ISO releated.
However using configurable usb loader. Fat32 drive. and hermes v5 222/223 the game doesnt work correctly anymore.
like 2 weeks ago i did start using cheats on the game. after i found out that cheats corrupted my brawl save i created a backup copy of my save file before i used cheats.

so when i play the game with cheats enabled it appears fine. however when i enter a level the wiimote actually freezes. The game continues to work as if nothing happened but the wii locks out connection to to the wiimote and i have to turn off the wii and re sync them

so i do it again with the non cheated save file and when i enter the level same thing however Mario kept running forward.

the IOS is hermes 222 & 223 with 57 as base.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
julz1 said:
Ok so i actually own this game. dumped it myself so i dont think it is a scrubbing or ISO releated.
However using configurable usb loader. Fat32 drive. and hermes v5 222/223 the game doesnt work correctly anymore.
like 2 weeks ago i did start using cheats on the game. after i found out that cheats corrupted my brawl save i created a backup copy of my save file before i used cheats.

so when i play the game with cheats enabled it appears fine. however when i enter a level the wiimote actually freezes. The game continues to work as if nothing happened but the wii locks out connection to to the wiimote and i have to turn off the wii and re sync them

so i do it again with the non cheated save file and when i enter the level same thing however Mario kept running forward.

the IOS is hermes 222 & 223 with 57 as base.

Check that you have fresh batteries in your wii remote. If you do, then backup your non-cheated save file and start a new one and see if you get the same error. If you don't, restore your save and see if it works (if not, just start a new game, Galaxy isn't too hard to beat again anyway). If it doesn't work on a fresh save file I don't know what your problem is, but you could switch over to Waninkoko's custom ios rev 17 and see if that works.

julz1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tonitonichopchop said:
Check that you have fresh batteries in your wii remote. If you do, then backup your non-cheated save file and start a new one and see if you get the same error. If you don't, restore your save and see if it works (if not, just start a new game, Galaxy isn't too hard to beat again anyway). If it doesn't work on a fresh save file I don't know what your problem is, but you could switch over to Waninkoko's custom ios rev 17 and see if that works.

Yeah but im fat32 drive do i have to actually reformat to use that ios
and the batteries are good tried with both wii motes and i know the game is easy it was mainly for my cousins sake. the kid is only 7.

anyway thanks for the attempted help

hyr8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had the same problem here too, but the only difference is that i don't use cheats.
but my super mario galaxy also freezes, the music keep playing and all, but the wiimote gets locked.
i'm not a dev, but i think it might some kind of issue from cfg usb loader and using hermes' cIOS with 57 as base. when i told about this problem at the loader official topic, oggzee asked me to test using uLoader. the results were different this time, and with uLoader i didn't freeze at all.
have you tried to use uLoader yet ?

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
julz1 said:
Tonitonichopchop said:

Yeah but im fat32 drive do i have to actually reformat to use that ios
and the batteries are good tried with both wii motes and i know the game is easy it was mainly for my cousins sake. the kid is only 7.

anyway thanks for the attempted help

No. Just use the network install of rev 17, have it set to use in you're loader preferences, and it should work. I'm on similar settings (Except for hermes ios) and I have no problems. I think it will fix you up and keep your save file intact. Here's a direct download link. Just run it through the Homebrew channel and you shouldn't have issues.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=07O5TMZ7

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I had same issue long ago, must have been running rev 12 or 13 of 249 and playing from usb. .Mario would play fine but at random times would crash going into levels, dont think it was ever same place twice, ended up playing from disc and got all 121 stars without cheating (never used cheats ever on wii game) and without any lock ups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1