Gaming Super Mario Galaxy - Hardest Stage?

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Agreed on the Luigi Purple coins level here. Insane. Thanks for posting the video. Gives me some ideas on how to beat it anyway.

Just got my 120th star. Definitely the hardest stage was Luigi's Purple Coins in the Toy Galaxy. Second place is probably the Daredevil comet in the Melty Molten Galaxy.

Gonna play as Luigi next! Yay!
Actually, it became easier once I realized there were more coins than you really need!

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Agreed on the Luigi Purple coins level here. Insane. Thanks for posting the video. Gives me some ideas on how to beat it anyway.

Just got my 120th star. Definitely the hardest stage was Luigi's Purple Coins in the Toy Galaxy. Second place is probably the Daredevil comet in the Melty Molten Galaxy.

Gonna play as Luigi next! Yay!

Actually, it became easier once I realized there were more coins than you really need!

I had figured that out already because I had done a previous stage already that had a similar thing. The purple coin level with all the pull stars in it. It was more difficult just 'cause it's so easy to just make one little mistake.

Although, I might have to recant my hardest level in a few weeks after I finish the Luigi mode. I think I got lucky, but the first Cosmic Comet (where you race yourself) in the Honeyhive galaxy was tough with Luigi. That dude has vegetable oil on his shoes I swear!

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
ok.
Hardest:

Mario
1. Luigi's Purple coins
2. Bouldergeist Daredevil

Luigi
1. Dreadnaught Purple Coins
2. Lava Spire Daredevil Run

Easiest:

Mario
1. Get the golden Shell
2. Boo in a box

Luigi
1. Bouldergeist Daredevil
2. Luigi's Purple Coins

Yeah. you heard me right. Luigi's purple coins & Bouldergeist were hardest on my mario save, lost about 79 lives with those two alone.
However, i did them first time with Luigi's "Hard Mode"
tongue.gif

Oh, and im not counting grand finale.

shiftyraccoon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Bouldergeist Daredevil was kinda hard but my hardest level was definetly Mario doing Luigi's Purple coins!!

Took me about 50 tries to do it, after about 30 tries I realised the spin attack helps you out ALOT! haha

Also the rollerball galaxy was annoying too, and that pirate ship daredevil run

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Luigi's purple coins being the hardest stage. How did you guys not notice the sign telling you that you only need 100 out of 150 coins?

mackem

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had figured that out already because I had done a previous stage already that had a similar thing. The purple coin level with all the pull stars in it. It was more difficult just 'cause it's so easy to just make one little mistake.

Although, I might have to recant my hardest level in a few weeks after I finish the Luigi mode. I think I got lucky, but the first Cosmic Comet (where you race yourself) in the Honeyhive galaxy was tough with Luigi. That dude has vegetable oil on his shoes I swear!

Is the the level with the waterfall? I've only did it with Mario but it was easy if you took the right path when running up the first bank. Then doing a long jump over to the waterfall from there instead of running to the bottom of the waterfall and back flipping up.

Can Luigi do the long jump where you press Z then immediately press A?

osirisFIVE

Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Everyone knows the Purple coin stages are insane.

But what really frustrated me was the ones that aren't supposed to be difficult. Especially the spring ones. Frikkin' toy factory made me get a new Wii Remote because I smashed it against my own head multiple times when stomping on my dinner table.

Yep, dying even when the stage is so easy makes me do things.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had figured that out already because I had done a previous stage already that had a similar thing. The purple coin level with all the pull stars in it. It was more difficult just 'cause it's so easy to just make one little mistake.

Although, I might have to recant my hardest level in a few weeks after I finish the Luigi mode. I think I got lucky, but the first Cosmic Comet (where you race yourself) in the Honeyhive galaxy was tough with Luigi. That dude has vegetable oil on his shoes I swear!

Is the the level with the waterfall? I've only did it with Mario but it was easy if you took the right path when running up the first bank. Then doing a long jump over to the waterfall from there instead of running to the bottom of the waterfall and back flipping up.

Can Luigi do the long jump where you press Z then immediately press A?

Yeah, the thing is that Cosmic Luigi does that shortuct. He takes the most efficient route, but leaves a little room for error. It's way harder than when you're Mario.

coops024

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well just got all 120 stars at the weekens (and the first 16 with Luigi)

Hardest stage has to be the Luigi purple coins lvl !

I lost around 15 - 20 lives (I thought it would be more !!) but found that the trick is not to think about the coins but rather just think about getting round the whole stage !

Pause the game (press the + button when you first start) and study the lvl first work out an efficiant route (not a way to get all the coins ! just to get around most of the stage)

Personally I started to the right and did a long jump past the sign to give me a route back !

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
Also I have to say these purple coin stages seem way harder than the 3 green star stages. I managed those pretty quick considering, although they WERE hard as hell and I feel I was just super lucky most of the time. I was quite annoyed that there was no prize or even a note of recognition for finishing those 3 stages.

Not sure those green stages are supposed to be particularly tough, not like the purple coin stages anyway? Think I did the bubble and ball ones first go, and only fell off a couple of times on surfing.

I'm only on 85 odd stars though, not really touched the Garden galaxies and only the easiest purple coin stages done as yet.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got the Luigi's Purple Coins on the 4th or so try when I returned to it with Luigi. It just took a couple tries to get going (died right away) and then I nailed it. In general things are going way easier with Luigi. He's harder to beat himself in the cosmic comet stages though than Mario was.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whoa, you're allergic to gaming gold? Poor guy...

Anyway, amazing game. And yeah, the Toy Time purple coins was by far the hardest level, I'm on 90-odd stars and when I got a Game Over on it I just gave up. That video makes it look so easy now though...

beesnees31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
any of the race levels and the sand galaxy levels were tough...also that one where you start out on a beach you can go to get shot out of a cannon or go through the tunnels into a watery cavern

Clxmj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hardest one for me is Luigi's 100 Purple Coins. I've not played on it since as its too frickin' hard. I only need that star to start with Luigi..

lordkieranos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hardest Level for me @ the mo is luigi's shadow race on sea slide galaxy, finding that insanely hard as for mario not to sure probably the trial galaxy ray mantis race first time round, lost a lot of lives on that one, did it pretty quick with luigi though..........
Cant wait to get the last few stars with luigi and batter bowser again, lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: holy shit hololive night at the stadium korone would love this