Gaming Super Mario Galaxy Demo

skforty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i ust tried with my updated wiikey. Error #001. The poopy part is, the wiikey doesnt have disable switch, so unless i put a switch on it, it looks like i wont be able to play retail version either. So its the games themselves that need to be cracked. The funny thing is, this will make me NEVER buy another retail wii game. I have 6 retail games, but there will be no point in buying another because they will never work, i assume they will all have this protection. When the hackers defeat this new protection and start releasing patchers or patched versions of the iso, all will be good, but that will be the only way to play these games on modded wiis. but like i said, i could just put a switch on the wiikey. Te next week or so will be interesting for the wii-scene.....

Smidget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i ust tried with my updated wiikey. Error #001. The poopy part is, the wiikey doesnt have disable switch, so unless i put a switch on it, it looks like i wont be able to play retail version either. So its the games themselves that need to be cracked. The funny thing is, this will make me NEVER buy another retail wii game. I have 6 retail games, but there will be no point in buying another because they will never work, i assume they will all have this protection. When the hackers defeat this new protection and start releasing patchers or patched versions of the iso, all will be good, but that will be the only way to play these games on modded wiis. but like i said, i could just put a switch on the wiikey. Te next week or so will be interesting for the wii-scene.....

Uhh.... you're wrong. Strangethings played the retail kiosk disc just fine on his modded machine.

Mr_Grinch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if retail plays fine then chances are it's down to either the dvdr being detected or the way the disc is ripped. Possibly some extra information that isn't currently being ripped when the disc is done.

Can someone with an original try this?

Insert original, boot to title screen (Mario Galaxy + A + B to start, or whatever it says). Hit HOME on the remote. Eject the original and insert the backup. Hit home to carry on the game and see if the game will play. It's not a solution but if it works it helps narrow down the problem.

If the check is in the update part of the game, has anyone tried swapping out the update partition (for example using brickblocker) but instead of putting in a blank one (as comes by default with bblocker) insert the NTSC Metroid Prime 3 update partition?

::Furthermore, I know it's likely not possible yet but can someone check the NTSC ORIGINAL on a PAL machine at some point? If it still boots then it's definitely detecting the copy rather than the modchip (as the modchip will patch the region on the fly)

ChriZRocKz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ill try some Possibilties to Run this Game on a PAL Machine in a few Hours. Some Ideas to run it!?Im Using some Tools like Isobuster, Rawdump, Clony XXL XD.....

Try extracting the Pal Update Partition from Metroid Prime 3 and insert that using something like Brick Blocker.

Well, you mean i should insert the MP3 PAL Update into the SMG USA Iso!?

Thats a Try, but does Isobuster Convert the ISO`s? Whats about a Rewrite with Rawdump!?

Mr_Grinch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just having a look now, I'll be the first to admit I'm not overly up on the Wii file structure, I just know how Brickblocker worked. I haven't a clue though how to extract the various partitions from a wii disc.

But yes, the basic idea I'm getting at is Brickblocker replaces the Update partition with a partition from a disc that HAS no update. It's possible we may have more luck inserting an Update from another Pal disc.

Or it may do nothing.

::Edit:: Ok, so the update partition is 247 MB apparently. I don't have Metroid Prime 3 to compare what that one is. Regionfrii will allow you to extract and import partition though.

flash70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Guys, did it ever occur to you that maybe this update IS the new protection ?

My guess is that Nintendo added something to the original disc, that only consoles with that new update can recognize.

Mr_Grinch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The update can be performed though with a modded console.

Personally I'm not too fussed, I'll be buying Mario Galaxy when it comes out and I've bought Metroid Prime 3. I'm just intrigued as to what's going on, the piracy scene is fantastic as it lets me know what titles are easily importable (which is why I'd like to know if an NTSC ORIGINAL Mario Galaxy would work on a Pal console. The modchip would need to patch the region code).

Now I'm interested in what's going on. I'm just ripping my Metroid Prime 3 disc now so I can have a nosey at what that update contains and compare it against the Mario Galaxy one. I'm no expert at hex editing but I've opened up the update and it thus far has the strings:

Root-CA00000001-XS0000003
Root-CA00000001-CP0000004
Root (some space)CA00000001
Root-CA00000001-CP0000004
Root-CA00000001-XS0000003

I'm just curious now to see what the other updates have in 'em.

kronicd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

My guess is that Nintendo added something to the original disc, that only consoles with that new update can recognize.

Maybe so.

I'll insert the update partition from metroid 3 PAL into a mario galaxy iso and see how that works. My console has never had a mario galaxy disk in it so that particular update hasn't been applied.

For this test to be fair I'd be using an NTSCU wii, but I don't have access to one
frown.gif

Mr_Grinch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe so.

I'll insert the update partition from metroid 3 PAL into a mario galaxy iso and see how that works. My console has never had a mario galaxy disk in it so that particular update hasn't been applied.

For this test to be fair I'd be using an NTSCU wii, but I don't have access to one
frown.gif

Doesn't work. Just tried it myself moments ago and updated another thread on here. The update will be performed (or not if you've already done it with metroid prime 3) and then you'll just get the blank screen like if you brickblock the iso.

samnoon93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if you could put the disc in, wait for it to do 10% of the update then turn the wii off, just like with Metroid Prime 3.

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I wonder if you could put the disc in, wait for it to do 10% of the update then turn the wii off, just like with Metroid Prime 3.
you can always give it a try
ohmy.gif

what's the last update available btw? my wii still has 3.0U firmware, I assume there must be 3.1 or 3.2 now right?

samnoon93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm yes but it probably needs that update to detect if its a copy.
If you dont let the update finish then it won't detect it.
(In theory)

A guy on another forum said that he managed to get it work using 3 discs, but somebody swore at him so now he refuses to say.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

you can always give it a try
ohmy.gif

what's the last update available btw? my wii still has 3.0U firmware, I assume there must be 3.1 or 3.2 now right?

An update on a game disc isn't always a full update. My wii for example is 3.0E, and before playing Metroid3 (PAL), I had to update. After the update, firmware was still 3.0E.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was adding some stuff to my gdevelop project and I couldnt save it cuz there was a power outage and thus no internet
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ have you played super smash flash 2?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Not really.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, ok sorry
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh, no need to apologize. Thanks for asking.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You ever played Super Mario Crossover Flash?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its one of the best Mario games in Flash, where you can choose from a number of different Nintendo characters to play as.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i already told you i did play it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Oh, I honestly don't remember, it was a long while ago I imagine.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, it was like a couple months ago
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, it was like a couple months ago +1