Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JP November 1, 2007
NA November 12, 2007
EU November 16, 2007
AUS November 29, 2007

Doesn't seem to be correct, or do I have the wrong dates here?

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(strangethings @ Oct 27 2007, 10:51 PM)
? The original disc works on modded and unmodded Wii consoles. Does everyone understand?

We understand that, we are wondering why the burned copy would not play, not the original.[/quote]

I said that in response to someone saying "Most likely scenario(note: conjecture): Nintendo implemented a new burned disc detection method, so the Wii knows if you try to play a burned disc.

[/quote]

Done a long time ago on PC's...

Read the disc type from the drive copy protection method...

DVD-R
DVD+R

So burning a DVD+R with booktype setting set to DVD-ROM should get around them reading the diff...

Maybe...
smile.gif

EDIT*********************************************************************

Late night drinking post...

The mod chips should already take care of that right???
unsure.gif

strangethings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm not posting anymore pics unless I figure out anything new. The error message is the exact one that first guy posted. All black screen with white text. Sorry. It's just not different so I see no reason to do so.

And Seraph, if you read what I said - the disc FELL into my hands, and I'm the fourth person that's come into contact with this disk, so I figued if there's one disk at each Gamestop (which there are an average of 10 in each of the 50 states), that's 500 copies in America, times the four people it got in contact with (like in my case), that's two thousand people. Even if only two HUNDRED people got it I figured it would be on torrent sites right now.

Also, I can't really play around with the original anymore because I gave it back to the person I got it from. I still have the original ISO, and I'm interested in this Brickblocker stuff but I don't know what it does really.

Also, Tripp, what are you saying with this DVD-ROM stuff?

m3jsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's on abgx.net now, so looks like it may be. We'll see if it gets nuked. Just weird they used 11/8/07 which has nothing to do with any of the release dates.

Darunia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

DVD-R
DVD+R

So burning a DVD+R with booktype setting set to DVD-ROM should get around them reading the diff...

Maybe...Â
smile.gif

EDIT****************************************************************************

The mod chips should already take care of that right???Â
unsure.gif
Heh, its a nice thought but if nintendo went to all the trouble to try to detect chips I think they could come up with a more permanent solution.

But still, its worth a shot.

Edit- Your edit beat my post
rolleyes.gif

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm not posting anymore pics unless I figure out anything new. The error message is the exact one that first guy posted. All black screen with white text. Sorry. It's just not different so I see no reason to do so.

And Seraph, if you read what I said - the disc FELL into my hands, and I'm the fourth person that's come into contact with this disk, so I figued if there's one disk at each Gamestop (which there are an average of 10 in each of the 50 states), that's 500 copies in America, times the four people it got in contact with (like in my case), that's two thousand people. Even if only two HUNDRED people got it I figured it would be on torrent sites right now.

Also, I can't really play around with the original anymore because I gave it back to the person I got it from. I still have the original ISO, and I'm interested in this Brickblocker stuff but I don't know what it does really.

Nobody cares anymore. It's out now.

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Reading disc type from the drive is a copy protection method that predates DVD's... i.e. burned disc instead of pressed...

QUOTE said:

DVD-R
DVD+R

Maybe... 
smile.gif

EDIT****************************************************************************

The mod chips should already take care of that right??? 
unsure.gif
Heh, its a nice thought but if nintendo went to all the trouble to try to detect chips I think they could come up with a more permanent solution.

But still, its worth a shot.

Edit- Your edit beat my post
rolleyes.gif

They would not have to be capable of detecting mod chips to read DVD disc type it would be easy but, again I would think the mod chips already handled this...
unsure.gif

potaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cruddybuddy, why are you so convinced that people were lying about this release? They provided pics/videos and stated that backups didn't work... and now there's a scene release stating the same thing. What will it take to make you believe them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1