Gaming Super Mario Galaxy Demo

potaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the original works with WiiKey, but the copy does not?

Doesn't that mean that "unauthorized device" doesn't refer to a modchip, but that something is off about the disc itself (like the image isn't 100% preserved through the dumping process)?

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being a n00b, im new to this all...

But why exactly would it work on the retail version of the game? I thought most mod chips were automatically in steath more? Is the chip just completely inactive when it senses a legit game? And if this version of the game can detect modchips, then why wouldnt the retail version?

Yessy2952

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being a n00b, im new to this all...

But why exactly would it work on the retail version of the game? I thought most mod chips were automatically in steath more? Is the chip just completely inactive when it senses a legit game? And if this version of the game can detect modchips, then why wouldnt the retail version?
Well it's mostly because the game is new and Nintendo is trying to stop us pirating games...but don't worry it will get cracked soon
wink.gif

strangethings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
CrimsoniteXÂ
post Today, 11:28 PM

Wait, so even if we buy the game legitly, we wont be able to play on our modded consoles?

No, I said last night that the legitimate copy of the disc worked on my modded wii.

QUOTEpotacoÂ
post Today, 11:31 PM

So the original works with WiiKey, but the copy does not?

Doesn't that mean that "unauthorized device" doesn't refer to a modchip, but that something is off about the disc itself (like the image isn't 100% preserved through the dumping process)?

No, it doesn't. If the image didn't finish, it wouldn't read it as a Wii game at all. And if that SOMEHOW went through, it definitely wouldn't say "Super Mario Galaxy" at the menu screen.

Plus, I don't think you can call a disc a "device", but a mod chip is definitely one. I'm telling you, the dump was good. How else would it read the disc at the loading screen?

Yessy2952

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I have version 3.0 U
Is I download to the newest version will it effect any of my backup games to stop working?
Thanks

vgambit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely scenario(note: conjecture): Nintendo implemented a new burned disc detection method, so the Wii knows if you try to play a burned disc.

I mean, I don't know if you would get the same error trying to play it on an unmodded Wii, but that's my best guess. The disc will probably need to be ripped some special new way.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most likely scenario(note: conjecture): Nintendo implemented a new burned disc detection method, so the Wii knows if you try to play a burned disc.

I mean, I don't know if you would get the same error trying to play it on an unmodded Wii, but that's my best guess. The disc will probably need to be ripped some special new way.

Sounds about right.

Yessy2952

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any one a member of ntorrents?
and..
I have version 3.0 U
Is I download to the newest version will it effect any of my backup games to stop working?
Thanks

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
Right, but what makes the burned copy detect modchips while the original doesn't?

Maybe good old Nintendo is starting to get tricky with us.

Imagine with me if you will:
Upon execution of the game, a small section of the disc, that is read backwards (or another technique) to verify the disc is genuine. If they just started doing this, Then it obviously would not happen in the wii menu, as games previous to this one do not employ this method, but instead when the actual game is launched - causing that error message.

Its a theory anyway...

strangethings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
vgambitÂ
post Today, 11:43 PM

? The original disc works on modded and unmodded Wii consoles. Does everyone understand?

Yessy - I updated my 3.0 to whatever Super Mario Galaxy updates it to and it all seems fine. My old back-ups work and everything.

Yessy2952

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
vgambitÂ
post Today, 11:43 PM

? The original disc works on modded and unmodded Wii consoles. Does everyone understand?

Yessy - I updated my 3.0 to whatever Super Mario Galaxy updates it to and it all seems fine. My old back-ups work and everything.
Ah ok thanks for the help I'll update now
cool.gif

Yessy2952

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... anyone that has been in the psp scene the way it worked is that Sony put in firmwares homebrew users didn't want so they made a program that took away the "update" folder from the iso and then the update will appear no longer...

I'm wonder if a similar method like this will work except instead of removing the update folder for the wii it will be like that error you guys are talking about....

Just a thought

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus