Gaming Super Mario Galaxy Demo

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
Well... anyone that has been in the psp scene the way it worked is that Sony put in firmwares homebrew users didn't want so they made a program that took away the "update" folder from the iso and then the update will appear no longer...

I'm wonder if a similar method like this will work except instead of removing the update folder for the wii it will be like that error you guys are talking about....

Just a thought

Possibly, but that would require moding the firmware directly, and I don't think that is possible right now.

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well... anyone that has been in the psp scene the way it worked is that Sony put in firmwares homebrew users didn't want so they made a program that took away the "update" folder from the iso and then the update will appear no longer...

I'm wonder if a similar method like this will work except instead of removing the update folder for the wii it will be like that error you guys are talking about....

Just a thought
Good ol' OHG.

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then just wait till the game gets released and download, or better yet, go buy the game and stop complaining.

I am not complaining I am just saying people are stirring too much drama around here and need to make good on what they say or put up and shut up.

And if you had been keeping tabs on this thread and I do not fault you, it is 32 pages long then you'd have realized that I have already made the comment that regardless Nintendo will definitely get my money for this game whether I get it early or not, it does not matter to me either way.

But of course I am like any body else, if I can get early then of course you will take advantage of the opportunity to do so.

Yessy2952

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then just wait till the game gets released and download, or better yet, go buy the game and stop complaining.

I am not complaining I am just saying people are stirring too much drama around here and need to make good on what they say or put up and shut up.

And if you had been keeping tabs on this thread and I do not fault you, it is 32 pages long then you'd have realized that I have already made the comment that regardless Nintendo will definitely get my money for this game whether I get it early or not, it does not matter to me either way.

But of course I am like any body else, if I can get early then of course you will take advantage of the opportunity to do so.
I didn't wasn't trying to be mean when I posted that comment I just thought you were one of those other people who said this was fake, sorry if I was wrong.
laugh.gif

Ryankn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

Just a thought
Brickblocker does exactly that for Wii iso's (remove fw update). But it's not clear if the firmware update prevents SMG from starting.

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glitchbit, you're a stupid dick. don't read my shit if you don't want to hear the things I say. I'm not putting up with the bullcrap on this website, and I'll voice my opinion if I feel like it.

So here's the deal, dumped the game. Worked fine.

I took the disc (Verbatim DVD-R) burned it at the speed the disc says on it (contrary to popular belief, slowest burning is not the way to go - burning at the speed the dvd was intended to be burnt at IS the way to go).

I put it in the Wii (NTSC, modded with Wiikey 1.9).

It came up "Super Mario Galaxy"

Clicked it to start game.

Screen goes black.

Error 001: unauthorized device has been detected.

I'm glad to see that everything worked out after all the trouble you had gone through for us, despite the negative comments. Thank you.

Even though you and others seem to have misinterputed what I said. I was trying to make a joke about the $50 and was not serious about it. I mean I even stood up for you in my beginning comments in saying I could care less about the nay sayers and then I am attacked despite my stance and maybe my humor could be easily misunderstood, although I did add in an lol and an ! here and there to try and portray the mood I was trying to express and that I was not attacking you seriously.

Unfortunately I do feel that you are instigating some* (not all) attacks that you have previously received and maybe still will.(I could be wrong I skipped over all those comments just to find your comments (which then I got to read about their comments any ways), they are a waste of time imo)

Also as you can see I have not made a single comment or expressed that I am upset with you for not releasing the iso even though I and others know full well that you could if you wanted to. I don't blame you at all and I feel no ill will towards you.

You followed through which is a great deal more than what can be said by those others who try and create drama and get their 15 minutes of fame which is not limited to any one scene in particular, I know this full well.

If you know of any one else with other chips it would be nice to hear about their experiences, but I expect it will be much of the same considering the method isn't all that different.

I just hope people in these forums can stop either creating drama or taking things so literally and try to be more civil, it is bad enough when you have a thread 32 pages long which could be half that size if people would stop sniping at each other.

Thank you again, I truly appreciate it!

Prema

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Strangethings. Please play alittle bit with swapping the discs. Like

1st load the original and before you start it in the channel swap to copy
1st load the copy and before you start it in the channel swap to original
Swap to copy during gameplay

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be helpful to even run that bricker program (can't remember the name).

Also I have tried as I am sure others have too looking up info about error 001 that are unrelated to galaxy on google and found nothing so far. It is not surprising that they have released a new method to prevent this. Not that it really matters to me since I will put down $50 for this game on the 12th, if I can get a hold of one since I have not pre-ordered it. That is my only concern.

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not thought about this aspect of it but maybe the scene is smarter than what we all give them credit for.

Let's say they do have the iso ready to give out and that they have for awhile. If this is true then why not release it already whether it works or not?

Well the only logical thing I can think of is that they know it updates the Wii firmware in some way even if you are on the latest and since they really don't know what they are messing with at this point they do not want people updating their Wii if it is irreversable.

It is fully possibly that if you update the Wii then it may take additional time before the scene figures out this new firmware so you can play it. Instead it would more advantages if they can replace the new firmware with an older one or removing it altogther if at all possible. It should be easier to remove the update off the disc and hope that is all it takes than to have to fix it in the all the various chips out there.

There is only 2 ways of solving this sitaution and it is either on the disc or on the chip. And in the short time it may be easier and quicker to fix the disc then the other, so to be on the safe side and prevent people from turning on the scene for "accidently" updating their Wii the safest route to go at the moment is to not release it all.

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't wasn't trying to be mean when I posted that comment I just thought you were one of those other people who said this was fake, sorry if I was wrong.Â
laugh.gif

yep, no offense taken. I understand where you're coming from, there are plenty of those around here =) .

I get misunderstood a lot even in real life lol, I don't joke around a whole lot and when I do it is that dry humor (non-obvious humor) and then I get taken seriously... sometimes it is even funnier though when that happens.

strangethings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
CrimsoniteXÂ
post Yesterday, 11:55 PM

QUOTE(strangethings @ Oct 27 2007, 10:51 PM)
? The original disc works on modded and unmodded Wii consoles. Does everyone understand?

We understand that, we are wondering why the burned copy would not play, not the original.

I said that in response to someone saying "Most likely scenario(note: conjecture): Nintendo implemented a new burned disc detection method, so the Wii knows if you try to play a burned disc.

I mean, I don't know if you would get the same error trying to play it on an unmodded Wii, but that's my best guess. The disc will probably need to be ripped some special new way."

Why would you expect a burned disc to work at all on a non-modded wii?
And if he was referring to a legit disc, I already said about three times that that one works fine.

And glitchbit, I called you a dick in response to ".. I am just getting tired of strangething not being able to dump it already and having to read him replying to every single insult thrown at him

I DO NOT CARE what others are saying! I just want people to follow through with what they say."

I followed through with EVERYTHING I said, and it was only to tell everyone what the deal was with the game. And I saw that you said I probably instigated some of the comments - but I did not. I attacked no one before they attacked me.

So I have never used Wii Brickblocker. I'm not really too sure about it. If someone wants to clue me in, I'd be happy to try it.

strangethings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I read up on Brickblocker. It removes the update that comes with the game?

This might actually work, if I could downgrade my Wii from the upgrade that SMG already gave it. Is there a way to do so?

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Time to get schooled.
Do I ever upload torrents? No I don't.
Do people ever upload torrents? Yes they do.
Is it normal for ME to upload torrents of a game right when it is release? No, I already stated that I never do.
Is it normal for people to upload torrents of a game right when it is release? ....You can answer that one yourself.
That isn't very good logic...how do you know the other people who can obtain these discs ever uploaded a torrent? I already stated that I used a poor choice in words. I already believed that the first photo of the disc was real and someone did obtain it. But since it's not certain that it's the same as a retail disc I won't be paying attention to people who can obtain these copies of the disc unless I see them with retail packaging. And the reason that one statement was in parenthesis was because it wasn't specific to your post.

coollala

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yay it comes.

Super Mario Galaxy ReadNFO Wii PROMiNENT
QUOTE said:
Title: Super Mario Galaxy
Date: 08/11/07
System: WII
Region: NTSC
Filename: p-smg8.*
#Disks: 93x50

The ultimate Nintendo hero is taking the ultimate step... out into space.
Join Mario as he ushers in a new era of video games, defying gravity across
all the planets in the galaxy. When some creature escapes into space with
Princess Peach, Mario gives chase, exploring bizarre planets all across the
galaxy. Players run, jump and battle enemies as they explore the many planets.
For Mario to succeed, gamers will press buttons, swing the Wii Remote and
Nunchuk controllers and even use the Wii Remote to point at and drag things
on-screen.

NOTE: So apparently, there are some new security from the Nintendo people?
   looks like we got some new copy protections on this fucker. We had
   too much "juice" at the halloween parties so couldn't think well
   enough to bypass. Thought someone else who was more 'sober' could
   do it...Happy Halloween...Let's-a GO!

.__________________________.-..__.-...-..___.-..________________________///.
|.:.MisterX & MisterY.:.:.. \/ // | ||/| ||::.::.:::.Site Scripts V2.0:|
`--_______________/---------___//--|_||//|_||---------_________________/'

m3jsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where'd you see that? Also, I guess we still need to wait for someone to figure out how to bypass the protection. :-/

edit: Woops that's a fake. Date of 8/11/2007? Interesting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: