Gaming Super Mario Galaxy (actually the fourth)

Zelgerath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone is on about Super Mario Galaxy, how it's such a great game etc. (and why not? It's true)
Some want to get 120 stars and play as Luigi, some are going for the 241 total.
But how many people have *actually* gotten to this point in the saga?
By my count, the total number of stars in the saga is 631:
120 in Super Mario 64
120 in Super Mario Sunshine (well, they are actually "shinesprites" but... well most people know what I mean)
150 in Super Mario 64 DS (people say it's a remake but there are subtle differences and 30 extra stars)
120 in Super Mario Galaxy
120 in Super Luigi Galaxy (that's the second playthrough of Galaxy)
1 as the Final Star in Galaxy
____
631 Stars in total

Now I understand that some people don't have Nintendo DS's and people can only work with what they have,
But if you're playing Super Mario Galaxy, you obviously can play GameCube Games, and I don't know one person aside from myself who has beaten Super Mario Sunshine (and I don't blame anyone for that, it's a challenging game)

But I Challenge Mario Players to Post their current number of "Total Stars" here on this forum
(like I do below)

120 SM64
120 SMS
150 SMDS
120 SMG
047 SLG
________
557 Total Stars

*Note- Super Mario 64 can be downloaded onto your wii for 10 dollars worth of points on the wii shop channel
- Super Mario Sunshine is relatively cheap now, especially if you get it preplayed at GameStop or any videogame store

I'm just curious
I won't make fun of anyone if their Total Star ammount is not impressive at all.

theman69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
120 SM64
94 SMS
150 SMDS
68 SMG
0 SLG
i got sick of mario sunshine after i beat it i loved SMDS first game i got for DS loved the mini games ill at those puzzle ones, havent had time to beat SMG doubt imma go through it again with luigi unless SSBB is delayed
biggrin.gif

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
120 SM64
000 SMS
~20 SMDS
095 SMG
000 SLG

SM64:
Back when I had an N64, SM64 was the 2nd game I owned. So having only 2 games to play, I played the hell out of it and probably got all 120 at least 3 times before I got tired of it.

SMS:
I have it, but never got around to playing it. Just haven't heard too many good things about it to catch my interest.

SMDS:
I don't know the actual number. I got frustrated with the controls (movement) and gave up on it, three times.

SMG/SML:
I stopped playing after beating the main storyline to play other games I hadn't gotten around to yet. I do plan on going back and getting the 120 at least since I did it with SM64.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
120 SM64
120 SMS
150 SMDS
003 SMG
000 SLG

I just played galaxy once, needs to find some time to really get into it, be sure i'll get all the stars in there too eventually.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not so sure I would classify SMDS as an entire new set of Stars. Maybe just add 30 more to SM64 (yes, there are differences, but enough to call it a whole new game? I don't think so).
I don't remember my star count because I haven't played through SM64 or SMS in a LONG time, but I have SM64 on my PSP and I plan on getting all 120. I just got 120 in SMG, don't plan on playing SML any time soon since I have soooo many great wii games right now that I have yet to play, and I think I had about 15 of the 30 added stars from SMDS.
I can't really give a good number right now, but I GUARANTEE I will have all 480 in the console games ASAP (I don't see myself going through that on SMDS when I can play the original whenever I want).

Zelgerath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To defend SMDS, The differences between it and Super Mario 64 are the different playable characters obviously, and the 30 extra Stars, but there were also changes in some of the actual levels,

For example; Tick-tock clock has a floor which prevents your character from falling out of the level, that effected mostly the 100 coin star (made it easier)

I would say that if you do not have a Nintendo DS, SMDS is purely optional, however I still count those 150 as part of the total because of the needed mastery of different controls.

I got 19 more stars
happy.gif

120 SM64
120 SMS
150 SMDS
120 SMG
066 SLG (+19 from previous post)
_________
576 Total Stars

I challenge more people to post their Total StarCount aswell

Zelgerath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who finished Sunshine, they can say they beat all the games.

I have a new total
120 SM64
120 SMSS
150 SMDS
120 SMG
120 SLG (+54 from previous post)
0 FINAL

I only have a vauge Idea about what the final star is, I only have to beat final bowser for the fourth time to find out.

Good luck to all of those who are trying to beat all four games
lecture.gif

I hope to post again soon after I get the last star

gba.gif

MattyXB

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
120 SM64
0 SMSS (never buyed or played, only the Demo)
150 SMDS
112 SMG (and still playing)
0 SLG
0 FINAL
________
382 Stars

Zelgerath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat Galaxy thus completing the Super Mario 3d saga, however I counted Incorrectly, for you can receive the final star both as Mario and Luigi.

120 SM64
120 SMSS
150 SMDS
121 SMG
121 SLG
_________
632/632 Total Stars
grog.gif

I must say though, the Finale Star was a bit disappointing.
dry.gif

I was under the impression that you would have to somehow fight all the bosses at once.

Anyways, now I’m going to try to beat the Paper Mario games.
gba.gif

-Good luck to all of you getting Stars and ShineSprites.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.