TheSockNaster

Kawaii
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone knows I want a Super Mario Galaxy 2 wad so it would be really helpful if somebody had a link to install it. (btw I want a backup not a illegal wad or .iso)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"Warez" is an internet term used to describe copyrighted software, game, film, music and data piracy.

We DO NOT HOST or PROVIDE ROMs/WADs/ISOs; or link to websites that do contain ROMs/WADs/ISOs.
Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, and ISO files.
Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise.
We do not condone piracy in any way.
Please go elsewhere if you only wish to download or share illegal files. The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion ONLY.
--Da Rulez

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No I actually have Super Mario Galaxy 2, but I want a quicker way of getting to it without putting it into my Wii. (So basically a backup game)
Ah, sure. The first post was kind of unclear. I don't think you can install it to your Wii as a wad, but you can dump the game and put it on an external HDD or the internal SD card. You need a backup launcher to do so. There are several, like Wiiflow, USB loader GX and CFG loader. I use CFG myself, but it shouldn't matter too much. You can use those programs to dump your games to USB/SD and play them from there too. If you want it on your home screen after that, that's a bit trickier. You need a forwarder channel to do so, and I'm not sure how you can create one of those.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I actually have Super Mario Galaxy 2, but I want a quicker way of getting to it without putting it into my Wii. (So basically a backup game)

So you wanna make a backup copy of the game?
You can use CleanRip to make a .iso file on your SD card or Usb Drive.
If you want to create a .wad to the the game from the channel select screen I believe there is a way, I just don't know how to but I have seemed it.

TheSockNaster

Kawaii
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you wanna make a backup copy of the game?
You can use CleanRip to make a .iso file on your SD card or Usb Drive.
If you want to create a .wad to the the game from the channel select screen I believe there is a way, I just don't know how to but I have seemed it.

But how would I play it after that.

TheSockNaster

Kawaii
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, sure. The first post was kind of unclear. I don't think you can install it to your Wii as a wad, but you can dump the game and put it on an external HDD or the internal SD card. You need a backup launcher to do so. There are several, like Wiiflow, USB loader GX and CFG loader. I use CFG myself, but it shouldn't matter too much. You can use those programs to dump your games to USB/SD and play them from there too. If you want it on your home screen after that, that's a bit trickier. You need a forwarder channel to do so, and I'm not sure how you can create one of those.

But these things never detect my usb device on my vwii even though it is formatted to the correct format.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But how would I play it after that.

Well like Arras said, you can use one of those loaders to rip the game file (I don't use that method myself though)
but if you use CleanRip then you have to convert the .iso to a .wbfs file (I use WiiGameManager). Once you get the .wbfs file you put it in a folder on the root of your selected device called "wbfs". From there you should be able to load the game from just about any loader such as cfg unloaded, Wiiflow, Usb Loader GX, etc.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But these things never detect my usb device on my vwii even though it is formatted to the correct format.
Are you sticking it in the correct USB port? They tend to look only at one of them, while the WiiU has 4. Try all of them and see if it makes a difference.

TheSockNaster

Kawaii
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sticking it in the correct USB port? They tend to look only at one of them, while the WiiU has 4. Try all of them and see if it makes a difference.

OMG TANK U SOOOO MUT! THE CFG LOADER IS THE FIRST LOADER THAT WORKED FOR ME!!! TANK U!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)