XP
Country
United States
Cbajd5 said:
Amber Lamps said:
Fedex14 said:
omg I'm so pissed off, I can't believe there's no leak in the end
frown.gif

There will be no leak. Everyone's too afraid of being sued. Look what happened when NSMB got leaked. Any further question? It will be uploaded to the net on the 23rd or 24th. I don't know why people are bothering with these threads to try to find it out early. It just plainly will not happen.
Nah, no one who knows what they're doing is scared. For a few reasons, everyone should know now not be show reciepts and other information as proof of ownership before uploading it for anyone. plus that 1.5 million fine was proven to be impossible for the guy to pay in his lifetime, so it's probably less behind the scenes but they're allowed to publiclly say that. Adn if you help in the process everyone online will love you. Not enough to give you some money, but still some love.

I blame Comcast.

http://ap.nintendo.com

Not to mention that they didn't need ANY of the above you mentioned to trace him by IP address.

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Amber Lamps said:
Cbajd5 said:
Amber Lamps said:
Fedex14 said:
frown.gif

There will be no leak. Everyone's too afraid of being sued. Look what happened when NSMB got leaked. Any further question? It will be uploaded to the net on the 23rd or 24th. I don't know why people are bothering with these threads to try to find it out early. It just plainly will not happen.
Nah, no one who knows what they're doing is scared. For a few reasons, everyone should know now not be show reciepts and other information as proof of ownership before uploading it for anyone. plus that 1.5 million fine was proven to be impossible for the guy to pay in his lifetime, so it's probably less behind the scenes but they're allowed to publiclly say that. Adn if you help in the process everyone online will love you. Not enough to give you some money, but still some love.

I blame Comcast.

Not to mention that they didn't need ANY of the above you mentioned to trace him by IP address.
Yeah, but that alone was probably not needed with all the other stuff. Plus he could have claimed he didn't do it, but someone else using his internet connection. they wouldn't be able to prove that unless there was detailed information on the computer.

Plus it wouldn't work if he had a DYNAMIC IP.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cbajd5 said:
Amber Lamps said:
Cbajd5 said:
Amber Lamps said:
Fedex14 said:
frown.gif

I blame Comcast.

Yeah, but that alone was probably not needed with all the other stuff. Plus he could have claimed he didn't do it, but someone else using his internet connection. they wouldn't be able to prove that unless there was detailed information on the computer.

Plus it wouldn't work if he had a DYNAMIC IP.

It was needed. Just because someone goes on a BBS and says that they uploaded copywrighted software to the internet does not mean that they actually did. Proof being the actual ISO file content whereabouts he put it and the ability to check the IP address and verify the owner of said IP. He would not have got caught for just posting the purchase receipt here.

It wouldn't work if he had a dynamic IP. You are kidding me right? The log would show whose account bought the IP address on the dynamic range for the specified amount of time taken to upload the files to the internet.

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Amber Lamps said:
It was needed. Just because someone goes on a BBS and says that they uploaded copywrighted software to the internet does not mean that they actually did. Proof being the actual ISO file content whereabouts he put it and the ability to check the IP address and verify the owner of said IP. He would not have got caught for just posting the purchase receipt here.

It wouldn't work if he had a dynamic IP. You are kidding me right? The log would show whose account bought the IP address on the dynamic range for the specified amount of time taken to upload the files to the internet.
I'm not saying it was just the receipt, it was the pictures of the box, disc, story, receipt, then the iso. Without a link to the iso it wouldn't be very easy to trace, unless the torrent was found within the time it had one seeder, which I'm assuming he used, but otherwise it wouldn't be a matter of the IP anyway because they could still claim someone else did it while leeching off his connection.

Plus DYNAMIC IP sounds cool. I wish I had that. And the IP address isn't bought (also I'm not sure if that's just bad phrasing or not), it's assigned randomly, normally each time the modem is restarted or used from a range of IPs the ISP owns. But it's usage could be tracked to where it was uploaded, and the amount of data, which if the upload amount was long/large enough it could technically work, but he could easily claim it was something else unless they could get more specifics. Which would involve a longer process of contacting owners of wherever he uploaded it if it wasn't a torrent, IRC, or usenet group.

ALSO HOW ABOUT THAT MARIO?

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cbajd5 said:
Amber Lamps said:

I'm not saying it was just the receipt, it was the pictures of the box, disc, story, receipt, then the iso. Without a link to the iso it wouldn't be very easy to trace, unless the torrent was found within the time it had one seeder, which I'm assuming he used, but otherwise it wouldn't be a matter of the IP anyway because they could still claim someone else did it while leeching off his connection.

Plus DYNAMIC IP sounds cool. I wish I had that. And the IP address isn't bought (also I'm not sure if that's just bad phrasing or not), it's assigned randomly, normally each time the modem is restarted or used from a range of IPs the ISP owns. But it's usage could be tracked to where it was uploaded, and the amount of data, which if the upload amount was long/large enough it could technically work, but he could easily claim it was something else unless they could get more specifics. Which would involve a longer process of contacting owners of wherever he uploaded it if it wasn't a torrent, IRC, or usenet group.

ALSO HOW ABOUT THAT MARIO?

ever heard of proxy's ?

it's rly not that hard to upload stuff without beeing traced ... just don't showoff like that australian retard did with NSMB

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
elmariachi said:
ever heard of proxy's ?

it's rly not that hard to upload stuff without beeing traced ... just don't showoff like that australian retard did with NSMB
Yes, yes I have. But it's not a cool sounding word. "Proxy War" is, though.

D

Deleted-247497

someone who has it could just upload it from a public wifi place, really wouldn't be that hard....

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geoflcl said:
purechaos996 said:
snico1995 said:
someone who has it could just upload it from a public wifi place, really wouldn't be that hard....

lol I can imagine someone sitting in a mcdonalds for like 8 hours waiting for it to upload.

He'd be a legend!

lol now its 501 times. crongrats

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed the first game, I'm not getting SMG2 right away because there's some other games I want to get and other games I need to finish. But I will be getting to this eventually.

A

armand66

Wow, topics really ballooned hasn't it, can't wait to watch these forums go nuts when it actually is leaked, when its likely found not working, watch all the OH NOEZ and OMG I WANNA JUMP OFF A BRIDGE IF I CANT PLAY THIS RIGHT NOWZ topics appear lol.

For now, i'll quietly watch from afar, and play Red Dead Redemption, which is just insanely good.

A

armand66

Brian Brian Brian, you're a worry lol.

Don't be tempted by the dark side....ooops, too late, you have been lol.

Hope you got virus protection on hehe

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
god damn 24 pages when i wake up and it still hasn't been leaked? i thought it would have been for sure now...every1 is scared to leak it now cos of knutz
tongue.gif

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
armand66 said:
Brian Brian Brian, you're a worry lol.

Don't be tempted by the dark side....ooops, too late, you have been lol.

Hope you got virus protection on hehe

Could a virus even be put in an .iso file?
unsure.gif

Thought to myself for a few minutes, and I'm not going to bother with them. Like others have said, wait till a scene release. I was stupid for even thinking about downloading them. *quickly ends download*

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
Brian117 said:
Hello?
Your post contains a certain website name that should not be there.
Don't people READ THE RULES anymore?!

First off all, it wasn't even a direct link. Nor was it even ending in .com, .net, .org, etc. So for the average noob, they wouldn't of known what site it was.

I edited my post anyways above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1