Super Mario Galaxy 2 Black Screen After Getting Star

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by kingdammit, May 25, 2010.

1. kingdammit
    OP

Newcomer kingdammit Newbie

Canada
    I get a black screen at the end of Digga-Leg's level when getting the star and also when I try quitting from that level/going to wii menu. There is also no music playing during it, just sound effects.

I'm using USB Loader GX and Config USB loader.
    I have tried two different isos and both produce the same result. I have tried ios 222 and 249. Please help.

( I also couldn't play Sin and Punishment 2 because I got a black screen right after starting a new game.)

2. snowmanman

Newcomer snowmanman Member

United States
    Are you using the latest cIOS versions? Try cIOSX rev 19 by Waninkoko. Just google the installer.

3. Errorjack

Member Errorjack GBAtemp Regular

United States
    YES! I have the same issue! When I am playing, the music will stop playing but the sound effects and the gameplay doesn't change till I go to a cutseen or get a star.

4. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    hard drive spindown/sleeping?

I had a similar problem with mario kart and a hard drive that would spin down.At the end of lap 2 of a 3 lap race the music would always stop playing and then once i crossed the finish line at the end of lap 3 it would lock up.

5. Errorjack

United States
    But for me, it is with a USB key so it's not a spindown but I am hearing sleeping might be an issue.

6. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    If you downloaded it then it could be a bad rip of the game.

Download a different version and try it.

I know when the game first leaked the spanish site that it was on a lot of the files were corrupt after downloading them and trying to extract them.

7. George Dawes

Member George Dawes Wanker

Trinidad and Tobago
    In another thread someone who had downloaded one of the scrubbed releases (of which there were a few) had exactly the same problem. Once he downloaded the complete version it worked perfectly.

I'd try that before spending hours trying to troubleshoot.

8. Errorjack

United States
    The point is, It happens to OTHER games too. It happened to me on Pikmin, NSMB, MadWorld and Super Mario Galaxy 1. It's imposable ALL those were bad rips.

9. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    It is quite possible, especially when you're using the rip feature of USB loaders.
    Also, learn how to spell impossible.

10. Errorjack

United States
    It was spelling mistake smart ass. I didn't use any rip feature. I had 1 ISO of NSMB. I tried it on my 4GB, It keeps doing what it does like SMG 2. When I tried NSMB on my 1GB, It worked perfectly.

11. Phylos

Newcomer Phylos Advanced Member

United States
    I have the same issue with SMG2 that everyone else is having.... Thing is, this happens with a disc or USB Loader. I've used both Configurable USB and USB GX. This happens weather I use 222, 223, 249, or 250. Also this happens when using Neogama Rev 8 final and Rev 9 beta 11.
    The disc loading feature was not used.... I used Wii Backup Manager to put it on the HDD
    Thing is, Using the same source iso I installed it into SNEEK..... It worked without issues. The problem seems to be something with the cios...

12. Errorjack

United States
    I don't get it. What's SNEEK? I don't have a HDD so would it still working?

13. Reecey

Member Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

United Kingdom
    Get a wiikey 1 or 2, fitted it works perfect with me on disc channel and no errors as yet, also try using verbatim DVD-R but the printable discs. These new games that are coming out with protection on, need good stable discs else they error very easily. Try that. Im not sure with the loader problem I dont use sd cards no need. Good luck though.

14. Errorjack

United States
    I'm pretty sure I don't want to but like 3 things just to play games. I can do it with a USB loader and that's the only thing I wanted for, for a long time. ModChips isn't for me.

15. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Huh? How's that? I've NEVER had a bad dump when copying one of the games I've bought to a hard drive using a USB Loader. Well ok, there was once where I had to redo Smash Bros because I had to recopy it and had done so with one of the older cIOS that b0rked up on dual layer games, but besides that, no problems. I'd say there's less of a chance of something messing up since I know my source is good, that is, since it's coming from the actual retail game disk.

The only way I can think of that you might have tons of problems is if you have a modchip installed that is messing with the game's partitions in some way.

16. Errorjack

United States
    I don't have ANY mod chip.