Homebrew Super Mario Bros hacks on NesDS weird 0-1 level

rockin-tiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, when I play super mario bros hacks on NesDS the first level to be played is Level 0-1 instead of 1-1 and if you finish 0-1 nothing happens and if you press some button you can start all over again. The hack super mario forever works
yaynds.gif
but hacks like the pixel kingdom, bowsers jumping challenge, ninja insanity, and more just start at 0-1
cry.gif
i tried patching the hacks with Super mario bros + duck hunt but that won't help, if anyone has a solution, I would be sooo happy
bow.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the PocketHeaven board is down, I can't provide an actual explanation, but the basic idea is that those hacks are using a bad dump of the game. The bad dump doesn't initialize some memory value properly, and so NES DS is actually being correct by sending you to world 0-1. The proper SMB rom doesn't do this.

If you've patched your hacked games yourself, get a good SMB dump and re-patch. If you don't, use the A+Start method that Egonny mentioned.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
"Warez" is an internet term used to describe copyrighted software, game, film, music and data piracy.

* We DO NOT HOST or PROVIDE ROMs/WADs/ISOs; or link to websites that do contain ROMs/WADs/ISOs.
* Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, and ISO files.
* Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise.
* We do not condone piracy in any way.
* Please go elsewhere if you only wish to download or share illegal files. The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion ONLY.

Eternal, come on, you know better!

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
QUOTE said:
"Warez" is an internet term used to describe copyrighted software, game, film, music and data piracy.

* We DO NOT HOST or PROVIDE ROMs/WADs/ISOs; or link to websites that do contain ROMs/WADs/ISOs.
* Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, and ISO files.
* Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise.
* We do not condone piracy in any way.
* Please go elsewhere if you only wish to download or share illegal files. The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion ONLY.

Eternal, come on, you know better!
Sorry I was trying to be an asset.I guess I should do it without offering illegal files.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably downloaded it from the same torrent that I did (every NES game ever, woot), and if that's the case, play the duckhunt version.
But yeah I had the same problem with mine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a