Super Mario Bros. 3 - 3DS eShop Release Date

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Brian117, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Brian117
    OP

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
  2. link6155

link6155 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Great! This is probably my favorite game when I was a kid.

Brian117 likes this.
  3. assassinz

assassinz Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!

Mar 17, 2003
    United States
    The Internet
    Too bad it wont be in 3D. I wonder why it took so long for NA to get this anyway.

4. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I'll finally have all three once again. Can't wait for it to release, it's by far my favourite NES game I've played. Now just put Tetris on there and I'm all game.

Brian117 likes this.
  5. Brian117
    OP

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH

Same here. It's a game I never get bored of. It'll be nice to have it straight from the eShop instead of loading up a flashcart and playing it using an NES emulator. Sure it has a $4.99 cost but who cares? It's a great game.

6. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Why not All Stars :c

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  7. link6155

link6155 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    I don't think there's any SNES games on the Virtual Console yet :/

8. Brian117
    OP

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    Just a bump for those who might've forgot about this. But Super Mario Bros 3. just released today on the eShop for $4.99. It will require 117 blocks on your SD card. :)

9. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    There isn't. They did do a Wii re-release of it for their 25th Anniversary, but it's just a complete copy of the SNES version, minus the fact that you can play it with just a Wii remote.

10. Drink the Bleach

Drink the Bleach This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014

Banned
    Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    I fail to see how or why they're taking their sweet time at extending their retro libraries. We've approached 3 year mark on the 3ds lifespan, and we just now got Mario 3...

They should be spitting out virtual console games on a daily basis, than playing the waiting game for months/years and then announce a tiny handful of old games like its a big fucking deal, like its something new the developers have been working years on.

DarkKnigh_t likes this.
  11. DarkKnigh_t

DarkKnigh_t GBAtemp Fan

Oct 30, 2013
    Croatia
    Zagreb, Croatia
    ahhh nintendo
    people: please nintendo rerelease the games we already bought so we can buy them again. take our money please
    nintendo: hmmmmm maybe well take our sweet time and maybe then, probably not
    -.-

12. SaintBahamut

SaintBahamut Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2013
    Poland
    Yea im still annoyed they released so far only NES games

damn i want Metroid Zero Mission/Super, GBA Castlevania games, Golden Sun 1/2

13. Drink the Bleach

Drink the Bleach This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014

Banned
    Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    I'm not annoyed about releasing only NES, I'm annoyed they aren't actively trying to put out as much volume of Virtual Console/Handheld as fast as possible.

The 3DS has been out for 3 years, the Wii U for one and a half, and they're just now getting only a few games that have been available on Wii for Years.

3DS Ambassador program proves GBA is even possible on 3DS, so we should have already been getting most of the hard-hitting NES, SNES, GB/GBC, and GBA titles YEARS ago. Its a buisness model I just don't understand. A fundamental about any business is Time is Money, and Nintendo is just wasting what is essentially free revenue for them, just by letting the days pass by while not offering already finished games they could host on the eshop which could take them all of days, if not hours to integrate into the eShop.

Anyone with a Flashcart could have enjoyed ALL NES and GB/GBC roms on the 3DS since it's release essentially, and to an extent, SNES and GBA, but even people that do pirate clearly WANT to re-buy old games for their systems and are frustrated at Nintendo for just wasting everyone's youth. I've been playing Super Mario Bros 3 on my Nintendo handhelds for free for what is now approaching 8 years, and it makes me as angry as a bull that we're 3 years into 3DS lifecycle and we're just now getting the most popular NES game that we can officially buy. You'd have to figure that if this was Sony, they'd try their best to rush old titles on their stores as fast as they can and make them available to buy and play on all systems... Oh wait, they already have.