Emulation Super Mario Advance 4: e-Card Emulation

Matt P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I've been doing some online research regarding the extra content available via e-Cards for Super Mario Advance 4 (SMA4). There's a lot of information out there on the subject.

I want to play SMA4 on the My Boy! emulator for Android. I wonder if anybody can tell me if it's yet possible to "unlock" the e-Card content using My Boy!?

It seems like people "emulate" e-Card content by making save states available for download. Can anybody tell me whether these save states will work for My Boy! and where they may be located?

Also, which ROM version allows for the most additional content: Europe, USA or Japan?

I'm only at the beginning of learning about this so don't be afraid to point out the obvious to me.

Hope to hear back.

Matt P

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know about e-card emulation but i know there is a game save somewhere on the internet that has the e-card stages unlocked. Probably used gameshark cheats to unlock them.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There is a .sav file for the GBA ROM that has the 32 stages (and some e-Reader items) unlocked by default.
The only thing is that you cannot have ALL the custom stages into just one save.
I have 32 including the two promo stages, but only Mad Dash is not in there.

Although, you can still switch between .sav files to play Mad Dash and also play the rest of the eReader stages.

Matt P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your responses guys.

I have found and successfully used three .sav files:
* 32 all new levels
* 5 Classic World levels
* Mad Dash

I sort of get that the .sav files have a maximum level limit on them (whether it's actually 32, I don't know). In any case the 32 and the 5 fit well on separate files due to their separate themes.

As for Mad Dash - it seems to be on it's own because it was lost due to its rarity for some time. Now that Mad Dash has been found (or possibly created by someone?) - could it be added to the 32 level .sav file? (it doesn't really belong with the 5 classic levels).

Also, the way I got this working was to have 3 copies of my SMA4 ROM named "1. SMA4", "2. SMA4" and "3. SMA4" - with the 3 .sav files named accordingly. This works but is it the most efficient way to do it? It means each .sav file only interacts with it's own ROM. It would be better if they all somehow interacted with one ROM but is this possible?

Thanks for your help!

Matt P

easycrashing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for bumping old topic but max is indeed 32, I manually added the levels to saves with sma4 sav tool

mad dash can be added to a 32 sav level but you'd have to remove a different one

use save states maybe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1