Homebrew Homebrew game Super Mario 64 Switch port

MakotoYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello fellow humans and/or not humans, for the past 5 months I have been trying to find the super mario 64 switch port. I have seen it in many youtube videos, reddit post and even in the super mario 64 pc port discord and now have a NSP. BUT, I have failed to get it to run on switch. At first I tried it on yuzu and it work, so now I knew the NSP work. Then to install it I tried using lithium, but when it finished installing, the icon was a load animation and clicking on it would do nothing. So I deleted it and installed it using awoo installer. When it finish the icon appeared as normal but entering in the game would crash it. So I don't know what to do. Any help would be nice.

B-alpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What Firmware is your switch?
Which CFW are you using and which version is the corresponding cfw?
Are you using the latest Sigpatches?

Last edited by B-alpha,

WhoIAm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I had the same problem. Make sure you're booting CFW using fusee_primary.bin, not from Hekate (assuming you use Hekate).

Reactions: AhsanMC

SMUS16475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First things first. Are you using the latest version of the Atmosphere CFW?

If so, all you need is the .nsp file of Super Mario 64 and Goldleaf. Goldleaf is a pretty efficient multi-purpose homebrew tool that can install .nsp files among other things. That's what I used to install Super Mario 64.

Last edited by SMUS16475,

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If he installed with awoo and lithium, I don't think using Goldleaf will fix this issue
Like others said, did you made sure you were on latest atmosphere update ? What about the sigpatches ? Did you tried booting other game backups and do they work fine ?
Also, maybe it's because of that but the latest atmosphere update broke all forwarders and homebrews and they needed to be updated. Yuzu isn't running atmosphere iirc so it's ok for the nsp to work there but no on your console.
So maybe you'll need to find an updated NSP that will run on the latest atmosphere update, I had to do that for my homebrew menu forwarder for example because otherwise it would crash (tho game backups were still working, but since atmosphere does not officially support piracy and stuff, it's a bit hard to fix those kind of things)

Reactions: nWo

SMUS16475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he installed with awoo and lithium, I don't think using Goldleaf will fix this issue
Like others said, did you made sure you were on latest atmosphere update ? What about the sigpatches ? Did you tried booting other game backups and do they work fine ?
Also, maybe it's because of that but the latest atmosphere update broke all forwarders and homebrews and they needed to be updated. Yuzu isn't running atmosphere iirc so it's ok for the nsp to work there but no on your console.
So maybe you'll need to find an updated NSP that will run on the latest atmosphere update, I had to do that for my homebrew menu forwarder for example because otherwise it would crash (tho game backups were still working, but since atmosphere does not officially support piracy and stuff, it's a bit hard to fix those kind of things)
Perhaps.

MakotoYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on the latest firmware of switch and I'm using the latest version of atmosphere

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also I tried goldleaf and it didn't work

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could show you the link but its saying I can't send hyperlinks

hold on

*snip*
Is this the one that has HD Graphics, and also has the Keys to collect for playing as Luigi?

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish I could show you the link but its saying I can't send hyperlinks

hold on

ok It lets me sent it now
I don't think you can post nsp's in here
You should remove your post until it's cleared with a mod

Last edited by pinbi7,

MakotoYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the one that has HD Graphics, and also has the Keys to collect for playing as Luigi?
Let me check

Ok so in the switch port of the game you don't have to find the keys because there is a option in the menu that lets you play as luigi

Reactions: Smoker1

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mmh, first of all, that link doesn't work (at least for me).
Guess u meant this one instead:

Second: That's not it. That's only the usual model swap that I already know.
It seems what @Smoker1 meant was this:

You have to collect some keys, then a blue pipe appears in the ghost garden of the castle that lets you switch to Luigi.
I find this way cooler as it's part of the real game instead of just toggling a menu option. Is there already a Switch version with this?

Reactions: Smoker1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s