Gaming Super 'LAG-SWITCH' Bros HYPE thread

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its 2018, and I'm trying to remember how fun smash bros was for me to get hyped for a potential switch version. Turns out its not very fun at all, I'm remembering that 95% of users use some form of lag switch to get the game going at 1 frame per 2minutes thinking that its gonna somehow help them improve their skills or "win" count. Some of these two minute matches go into 15mins of crap, this was for BOTH 3ds and WiiU version. If Nintendo expects to charge some sort of money for their online service they better get rid of lag switch users.

Super LagSwitch Bros is probably the most appropriate name to call the upcoming version for Nintendo Switch. GET HYPE

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention the fucked up Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online play. I mean I could rarely even finish a race without some error happening in it. It’s gotten better now, thankfully, but it used to be really bad!

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention the fucked up Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online play. I mean I could rarely even finish a race without some error happening in it. It’s gotten better now, thankfully, but it used to be really bad!

there needs to be a system where if a players internet cuts off its an automatic last place

Reactions: aykay55

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
my internets not that good but smash bros still works pretty good its playable

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

they can't fix the lag due to some thing called the ping you could have good bandwidth but still have lag because the person your fighting is in another country.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Its 2018, and I'm trying to remember how fun smash bros was for me to get hyped for a potential switch version. Turns out its not very fun at all, I'm remembering that 95% of users use some form of lag switch to get the game going at 1 frame per 2minutes thinking that its gonna somehow help them improve their skills or "win" count. Some of these two minute matches go into 15mins of crap, this was for BOTH 3ds and WiiU version. If Nintendo expects to charge some sort of money for their online service they better get rid of lag switch users.

Super LagSwitch Bros is probably the most appropriate name to call the upcoming version for Nintendo Switch. GET HYPE
Never once had a game like this. I've had some pretty bad games in terms of lag, but not this grossly exaggerated BS.

they can't fix the lag due to some thing called the ping you could have good bandwidth but still have lag because the person your fighting is in another country.
Dedicated servers with location based matchmaking.. Which kills games in the long term.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Never once had a game like this. I've had some pretty bad games in terms of lag, but not this grossly exaggerated BS.

Dedicated servers with location based matchmaking.. Which kills games in the long term.
Its because electricity only travels so fast and when you fight some one in another country its going to lag theres no fixing this its a limitation in electricity.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the lag is about distance to router and upload speeds, its intentional lag

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the lag is about distance to router and upload speeds, its intentional lag
thats bandwifth ping is the actual speed bandwidth is some thing that limts how much you can send in a given time ping is how fast its sent and you can't get a better ping because the ping is caused by the distance of all the players

The 3ds version smash lag even happens in local play it can't hanheld 4 player multiplayer smash even in local.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats bandwifth ping is the actual speed bandwidth is some thing that limts how much you can send in a given time ping is how fast its sent and you can't get a better ping because the ping is caused by the distance of all the players

The 3ds version smash lag even happens in local play it can't hanheld 4 player multiplayer smash even in local.

its intentional lag, people try to manufacture 'wins'. ive played with other country players in 3ds smash just fine

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had no problems with the Wii U version.
The 3ds version wasn't even playable online with that insane lag lol, never seen an online mode so bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls