SUPER/FFMPEG inserting random pics into my videos.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Rydian, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Rydian
    OP

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    So here's what I'm doing.
    [*]Record a video call from Skype using FRAPS.

[*]Find that FRAPS recorded an area the entire size of my screen, not just the video. The rest of the area is filled with garbage or garbled crap from my video buffer or something, it's random snippets of games I've played. I need to crop this, so...

[*]I open the video in virtualdub, set it to "full processing", save the video, then cancel it after a minute or two so that I end up with a video file only 4 seconds long for me to test cropping options in SUPER with.

[*]Open the video file in SUPER with these options and convert it.

[*]Play the converted copy (in VLC) to find it plays fine and I cropped it correctly... except I notice that if I stop the video and then play it again, I get a quick glimpse of a totally unrelated image right before the video actually starts to play.
    [​IMG]

Here's the weird shit.
    • This does not happen in Media Player Classic or SMPlayer, just VLC.
    • This does not happen to other video files I play in VLC.
    • This does not show up until I do the final cropping step in SUPER.
    • I tried renaming the source video file {so the converted copy wouldn't overwrite} and converting it again, and it's a different image each time the same source video is converted, I can go back and play previous conversions and they each have their own image.
    • I've never seen these images before.
    • The images are good quality (except the one of the party that's a screencap of another video), they are not nearly the crappy quality of the video.
    Image 2
    Image 3
    Image 4

2. tijntje_7

Member tijntje_7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    -Vlc developers are thinking they're funny by adding these pictures?
    -Virus (though I doubt that, you made the virus removal topic and know alot about virusses)
    -Dark magic?
    -Friends playing a trick on you?
    -Extremely dark magic?

I honestly don't know what the F*CK that is.. :/

3. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Har-de-har-har.

Nice one Rydian. Everyone knows that Fraps places pics of DOORKNOBS into their videos.

4. Rydian
    OP

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States

Okay, so I did a framedump with FFMPEG on one of the converted videos, and the inserted pictures are not in the resulting framedump. It's been suggested these are pictures from my browser cache (I do google image search a lot), so when I'm not doing anything I'll clear all my browser caches and then see how the conversion goes.